Early Doors Page 3

Ken's mother was a great character. Some of the lines and situations with the cleaner winding her up were hilarious.
She didn't like the barmaid trying to take her Kenny away until the cleaner told her she had a house with a conservatory.

What a cracking little sitcom this is.

Arguably funnier than The Royle Family (although general consensus appears RF will always be more loved).

I was gutted to miss out on tickets for the live shows.

Quick question though. What exactly does 'To the Regiment - I wish I was there!' mean exactly? I mean, I get why they say it (usually during high spirits etc) but why this line?

Just finished a 4th or 5th rewatch of this. I'll never get tired of it.

Regarding the live show, while it doesn't look like it'll be available on DVD, I was thrilled to find that it has just been made available as a Vimeo 72 hour rental, with the proceeds benefiting The Christie Charitable Fund.

According to Phil Mealey, "It's been cut from footage projected onto the arena screens during the live tour, but what it might lack in polish and production values, it more than makes up for in laughs and captures the atmosphere and joy the live audience experienced."

I haven't seen it, yet, but will definitely do so.

Very fairly priced too, IMO!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/live/news/6541/watch-early-doors-live/

Some good news - they're repeating it on BBC Four from Saturday night, and it'll be on iPlayer too (unsure if the whole series will be on iPlayer in one go this weekend)

Some great lines in it too.
Jean giving lots of orders to Winnie the cleaner.
Clean the grill pan, don't forget the toilet and the sink.....
Winnie; Do you want me to wipe your arse as well
Jean: Pardon
Winnie: I said do you want me to wipe the hearth

Really enjoying the twice weekly repeats on BBC 4 - a real treat, with all the characters being perfectly portrayed.

And can't get used to them all smoking

Do you like circuses Herc?

Wha?

It will become apparent eventually.

Is Early Doors now more popular with comedy fans than The Royle Family?

There's only one way to find out........................................FIGHT!

Another two cracking episodes - the boys big night out to see "Twin Cheeks" at a club, along with the booze up of course, and the other one was Melanie finally tracks down her real father, resulting in Ken trying to put a brave face on it, but succumbs to sobbing his heart out, alone in his bedroom.

Oh, and there's almost a public enquiry when Jean's bag (family size, mind!) of Maltesers goes missing.

Laughter and pathos, that's what you need for a good sitcom.

Do you like circus's Herc?
I do...

Ahh.............SPOILER ALERT! That episode hasn't appeared yet.

Joan "I'm just going to the loo"
Eddie "No.1 or No.2?"
Joan "No.2"
Eddie "Oh good, well you go and enjoy yourself luv, it is our big night out"