Early Doors Page 2

I prefer this to the Royle Family, maybe that's got something to do with the Royle Family being on all the time.

Craig Cash seems to have quite a relaxed work ethic, anyone know what his future plans are?

I am absolutely hooked on this comedy , everybody has a different taste and preference , of course , but for me this is the best comedy ever. series 2 is without a doubt better than the first , and the first was already brilliant. Been reading about a third series , I really hope Craig Cash and Phil mealey would again , stick theit heads together to make a few more series , the basis of a typical English pub is such a great place for a comedy.

I am from the Netherlands , and curious to know how Early Doors was received by people and media when it was first aired on BBC. Does anybody know how many viewers it had?

Hi Earlydoor,
Welcome to the forum, I sure most people that saw it love it, as did the critics, I’m not sure I’ve ever read a bad review. That not to say a lot of people actually saw it, it was shown on BBC2 and I’m think I'm right in saying then repeat late night on BBC1.

It’s not a show that grabs you have to stay with it and grow in to it.

Personally I love and have watched it many times in fact I’m off to watch it again right now.

Quote: EarlyDoor @ May 14 2008, 8:44 PM BST

Been reading about a third series , I really hope Craig Cash and Phil mealey would again , stick theit heads together to make a few more series ,

Have you heard anything new?

What third series please tell me there going to be a third series please please please.

On the 2nd DVD Craig Cash talks about Gyro Jim turning up in the 3rd series but that was 3 or 4 years ago. Perhaps it has been too long.

Cash and Mealey are doing something with Steve Coogan now. I think the Early Doors boat has sailed. Shame.

I liked this a lot as well. Great characters. My favourite was the miserable old man.

Big fan of this series. Characters are really well observed and some fantastic lines. Good stuff. Hope to see more. Love me xxx.

I prefer Early Doors to The Royle Family as well. I like them both but Early Doors just has the edge. Best line was Ken to Tomy after Tommy tells him he has been to tbhe hospital for a checkup:
Ken: "Are you still alive or will you have to wait until they get the rssults back?" :D

I watched this for the first time the other day.
I enjoyed it & will definitely have a look at a few more episodes.

I absolutely love Early Doors, I still rank it as one of the best things I've seen, and I'm proud to have both series on DVD. I think one of the best things about it is how little actually happens in it, even over the course of a whole series. I mean, it's almost real-time. You can really choose to believe that you're watching live footage of a pub somewhere.

I doubt many other cultures would 'get' that. Certainly not without putting a laughter track on it, at least.

I still prefer the Royle Family, it was more naturalistic, which I think is more fittig to something in real time, and I think the characters were slightly better drawn.

Still one of my favourite sitcoms ever.

.. are there any rumours of a third series of Early Doors?

(as it would be the perfect thing on telly, to watch over Christmas)

Quote: Lee Henman @ April 7 2008, 3:36 PM BST

Without doubt one of the finest British sitcoms ever. Criminally underwatched too.

Not in my house, it's not.

Quote: SivoxII @ November 16 2009, 4:53 AM GMT

.. are there any rumours of a third series of Early Doors?

(as it would be the perfect thing on telly, to watch over Christmas)

Always leave them wanting more

Just settling down to watch my set of Early Doors that I bought awhile back and what a treat it is!

Subtle and understated is something we Brits excel at when it comes to sitcoms and something that would be lost on say an American audience.

Excellent script and characters, but once again Ken's mother Joan is beginning to get up my nose, the fat lazy two faced cow. :D

(I'd forgotten that James McAvoy was in it for a few episodes as Melanie's boyfriend)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"