Black Books Rules!

For me, this is the perfect sitcom. The only one I can watch again and again and still laugh. Superbly written and acted and if you're reading Dylan Moran, Graham Linehan et al, thank you.

Ah yes, a good show. I've not seen as much of it as I'd have liked, but very funny nonetheless.

I think it's brilliant! The best moment for me was in the second episode, when Bernard goes to the toilet still sitting in his chair and reading his book.

Black Books is brilliant. Even the outtakes are really funny. Some of my favourite bits are when Bernard and Manny write the 'Elephant and the balloon' and when Manny swallows the little book of calm.

Fantastic show! Dlyan Moran wit and sarcasm is second to none. Bill Bailey and Tamsin Greig are brilliant support. A forth series would have been great, but ah well.

Dylan Moran is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on the 1st December. I only saw the last series, but thought it was pretty good.

Having worked in a bookshop for years, I appreciate Black Books even more. Fabulous comedy. Love the episode when the big bookshop opens next door and Simon Pegg plays the odious manager.

Can't figure out why it very rarely gets repeated but have all the DVD's anyway. :D

What a terrific series. The epsiode where they have to recreate the priceless wine is a masterclass in farce. Not quite up their with the finest Fawlty, but genius nevertheless.

Aaah - a comfy thread here. Nobody thinking it was dreadful then? I still have the line 'from now on you will stick to only a moderate range of breakfast wines' in my head every time I make a cuppa in the morning.

What particularly appeals to me about BB is that it's the sort of "silly" studio audience comedy that Channel 4 often do very well, but the BBC has lost the ability to do in its charge towards Ricky Gervais style naturalism. Shows like Black Books and The IT Crowd are almost endearingly old fashioned, and all the better for it.

apart form the fact the it crowd is dogshit and probably written by a child

IT Crowd was a bit hit and miss, agreed, but I'd still rather that than any of BBC3's recent efforts.

oh I love BB I can watch it over and over, my fave scene has gotta be the one in the 4th? epi of the 1st series where Bernard goes to a dinner party and cant remember what heinous thing he did to offend the hosts and it transpired he got incredibly drunk and went to the toilet in their kitchen wicker chair :D

Laughing out loud There aren't many duff episodes, if any of Black Books. Hard to pick a favourite, but I love the episode where Manny 'becomes' a policeman!

I really miss Black Books.

YAY!!! we just watched series one on DVD and are looking forward to seeing the rest. this serioes is a must own on par with green wing.