Why do the same shows keep being release

Hello

It really frustrates me that the same shows keep being released again and again, when we could have shows which have not been released yet or ones that have started being released but not finished.

e.g 'As Time Goes By' has been released god knows how many times.

Why do they keep wasting their time releasing the same shows again and again.

I would really like to see 2 Point 4 Children series 4-8 released on DVD and I would really like every series of Birds of a Feather released. I just dont undrstand why these 2 shows have not been released yet as these were very successful and deserve to be released and the BBC just waste time keep releasing the same shows again and again when the money could be used to release shows that have not been relwased yet. I just dont understand it! Its rediculous.

Do you understand what I am saying everyone!

Who agrees with me on this

Please reply

I couldn't agree much more, TBH. Other shows re-released for no apparent reason recently include The New Statesman (Network), Gimme Gimme Gimme (Playback), and dinnerladies (Playback). Utterly stupid.

Specifically in relation to Birds of a Feather and 2 Point 4 Children, I have been lead to believe that the Birds series 1 release was not a success by any stretch of the imagination, so understandably distributors are reluctant to issue the further episodes. I can only assume that the 2 Point 4 releases suffered a similar fate. Such a shame, but as I said recently, there's some really obscure stuff coming up at the moment, so hopefully these will see releases before too long.

With regards to 2 Point 4 Children

I emailed Eureka last year and they informed me that they no longer had the licenses to release further series as the BBC (presumabley through 2 Enterain) will be releasing series 4-8 some point this year

With regards to Birds Of A Feather

Prism Leisure say they want to release more series DVD's but have yet to acquire the licenses. This may be because no-one is sure who owns the rights as Linda Robson said on the Paul O'Grady show that the right shave changed hands so many times from Marks & Gran, Alomo, BBC and Freemantle no-one ultimatly knows, but my campign still goes on, as if there is one thing I want to achieve before I die it is to get Birds Of A Feather on DVD.

With regards to release

God knows why DinnerLadies and Gimme,Gimme,Gimme have been released again as there are no extras like the Comedy Connections programme for DinnerLadies or interviews with cast or stuff like on the Every Decreasing Circles DVDs like Interviews on shows like Parkinson etc...

I guess that the reason why any DVD will remain unreleased is because there isn't enough public demand for it. If anybody thought that BOAF was going to be hugely profitable then they would sort out the legal stuff in no time.

I more than agree with you..Here in the states we wait and wait for you Brits to release some more comedies so it is not the same 6 or 7 ever week. We get the show you mentioned, I would like to see some of the 90,s shows and be able to get them in region 1.

One question for you comedy lovers..Did Billy Burden..who played in "Grece and Favour" ever play in anything else..He was really funny and his face reminds me of an old time comedian from years ago in the States. Valentine

Quote: VALENTINE @ January 26, 2007, 5:13 AM

One question for you comedy lovers..Did Billy Burden..who played in "Grece and Favour" ever play in anything else..He was really funny and his face reminds me of an old time comedian from years ago in the States. Valentine

According to IMDB not a lot else a few episodes of Hi De Hi and a few other bit parts.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120917

Now no longer with us having died in 1994

Quote: VALENTINE @ January 26, 2007, 5:13 AM

I more than agree with you..Here in the states we wait and wait for you Brits to release some more comedies so it is not the same 6 or 7 ever week. We get the show you mentioned, I would like to see some of the 90,s shows and be able to get them in region 1.

Nothing to do with us. It's the American public's fault if your TV channels won't buy new shows, or release them on DVD.