Art Gallery comedy

If you like this please visit my website: www.loveofthedark.co.uk

INT – ART GALLERY
A gathering of approximatley15 people (12 rich business people and 3 Art critics). Zoom in to conversation between Angela and art critics.

Daniel: So Angela you’ve finally found a young fresh artist who is worth his weight in gold!

Angela: This man is a genius, he’s just left Oxford with a 1st and I saw a piece from his collection and it is magnificent.

Carl: Oh I really hope that it isn’t another one of your blunders, remember the young lady that just made embroideries of swear words, that was such fun.

Carl Laughs

Carl: the piece that was simple “SLAG” in large pink letters

Angela looks at him displeasingly

Suzie tries to change the direction of the conversation

Suzie: I’m eager to see what he’s got, why you don’t even look nervous

Angela: Well when you’ve got a boy wonder there is nothing to be nervous about

Alexander: Look at Miss Confidence oooww

Angela just simply smiles and looks at Alexander

Angela: If you’ve got it you’ve got it. I’ve got to go and introduce the masterpiece, see you all in a mo.

Angela walks towards the well lit stage, all three critics turn and look wondering what the piece is under the large white cloth.

Angela: Ladies and Gentlemen, Firstly I would like to say thank you all for being here. Now without further delay May I welcome to the stage Adam Johnson “the artist of the future”.

A young man with greasy long uneven cut hair, whom has obviously been forced into a tux advances to the stage from the crowd of onlookers

Adam: Good evening All and welcome to my first staging of art, the piece you are about to see is disturbing yet accurate, the idea came from the destruction of our planet and its O zone layer.

Adam whips off the white cloth and there it is, a shabbily home made globe with what looks like shit has been smeared all over the top half.

I present to you “Crappy World”

The onlookers cheer in amazement; the critics are speechless and look at Angela with complete admiration.

Anne stands at the side with complete satisfaction, knowing that all of the work put in has paid off.

I wonder if you're coming at this from the right direction? Maybe the critics should be doing all the talking. But, Jon, have you thought of a director who could achieve your tag and be happy with it?
Is excrement funny now?

Usually there's always something good to find in most submissions to this thread but not this time afraid.

I think you mean "weight in gold" not wait. Sorry, but I can't see the funny angle in this one.

this one unfortunatly didn't do it for me, i read it through a couple of times to see if i had missed the joke but i just think this needs alot more laughs, keep at it though.