Headcases Page 5

correct Aaron go get your self a biscuit.

Woo hoo! :D

BTW is anybody watching the reruns of spitting image on paramount 2 tuesday nights.

It's nice to remember just how good satire was 20+ years ago.

Quote: Cosmo Smallpiece @ April 9 2008, 8:33 PM BST

Here's a thought- what makes FONEJACKER so good- most of the time- is the range of voices- PLUS the naff contra-pictures/ cut out Terry Gilliam animations- with sound effects.The Indian autocue with squeaks- They're one half of the whole package.
I'm sure many zlotys cheaper than CGI- AND they are done in less than half the time-.One of the most irritating things about computers is the rendering time sitting over the shoulder of a mouse pusher whiel he does a not so good flash, or harry or flame or paintbox or whatever.
So as an idea:(it'll save money AND be better)ditch the CGI it's not doing anything.
Use Novak's BARDZO DOBRY cut out system. It rocks.

I agree.......Fonejacker is a very funny show and the voices are perfect. Sometimes it's painted as a typical channel 4 "aimed at kids and young adults"-type show, much like Balls of Steel, Bo Selecta and Friday Night Project are, but I think it's a genuinely intelligent and funny comedy show. As for the others I just mentioned......they can be hit and miss, although FNP is always good if they have a decent guest presenter, and the other two certainly have their moments.

Fonejacker makes me cringe, and laugh a bit too. :-/

I enjoyed Headcases. It did make me giggle in bits.

the episode tonight, was the first i'd seen, but personally it felt very ... obvious. oh look heather mills is a bit mad, married an older man and tried to his money, oh look bruce willis, and harrison ford are older than they once were, oh look victoria beckham wants to be famous, isn't that funny. No clever way of portraying the same messages. It felt as though it was leaning too much on the animation rather than the writing.

That said (and I certainly seem to have enjoyed it more than everyone else here!) the Heather Mills as Medusa caricature is brilliant! They wouldn't have been able to do the snakes without the CGI so it wouldn't have worked on 'old' Spitting Image.

Dan

I dunno about that. A bit of fishing wire and a couple of people above the set pulling them randomly would have much the same effect.

I thought this one was really good, I'm warming to this show a lot.
As good as Spitting Image imo, though maybe not quite as brave.

I thought Sundays was quite shit.
The first epy made me giggle. I was very disapointed. :(

I still like it, some of it is lazy comedy... like the licking poo sketch (too childish to be funny) and the poor voice acting (Heather Mills doesn't sound like that)... but other bits are inspired (a West Country Mugabe).

I also have to applaud ITV for not dumbing down too much - I wasn't expecting to find any politicians in this series, just stuff from Heat magazine.

I thought it was quite weak, which is a shame as the animation is quite good.

But the drawings are creepy.

Quote: Mark @ April 15 2008, 1:57 AM BST

I still like it, some of it is lazy comedy... like the licking poo sketch (too childish to be funny) and the poor voice acting (Heather Mills doesn't sound like that)...

I thought the Morgan Freeman impression was the worst.