Headcases Page 3

Just watched, was alright laughed a few times. But its made me seriously think about 3D as the style for my comedy.

Crushing Pierce Morgan was brilliant.

I've just been watching it.....I didn't care for it.

The voices were out of sync with the mouths, the CGI was generally rubbish and most importantly it wasn't funny at all. Just about the most irritating thing I've had to sit through.

Congratulations ITV, you've failed once again to deliver some decent television.

And like most comedy satire/impressionist shows, it had far too many political sections. The likes of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have already been impersonated to death by Culshaw and Bremner.

I thought some of it was pretty good - particularly the Madonna sketch at the end. Other bits were a bit predictable, but fun none the less.

I'd preferred to have seen the sketches recorded in the 2DTV style of animation though (or using Spitting Image puppets!). The CGI was a bit 'cold'. Still it might grow on me - I like how they lit the Gordon Brown scenes.

I didnt think it was cold as such but the, anticipation and release wasn't there it wasn't animated enough for my view, but looking at the amount of characters in the half hour some were better then others Gordon Brown holding the smiling mask was a touch of class.

Perhaps, as a loather of CGI and celeb culture on equal levels, I had particularly low expectations, but I actually rather enjoyed it. First half had me giggling most of the way through. Mugabe was brilliant, as was the Brown/Darling sequence. Some very sly references too, which as a politics junkie I found quite rewarding. Didn't think much of Madonna, although she does indeed look like a man. Beckhams were tripe, as were most of the voices. Didn't really 'get' the Dames sketch though. Thought it was just weird. Oh, and Cameron, Harry & William were pretty good too. It'll be interesting to see how the show progresses.

TBH I wasn't expecting much from the trailers and tuned in late. But I thought it got better as it went on. I too thought the Mugabe and Madonna sketches were great in very different ways.

I only saw the Madonna bit. It was quite scary. Just the way she scuttled towards the camera in that funny way. Yikes.

I thought it was pretty good.

I'm with catskillz I thought it was alright.
One or two howlers but also one or two lol moments.
Also what's wrong with the CGI? Thought it was ok - must've taken quite a long time to model all the details for every scene.
The Madonna sketch was a little bit too gross though.

I rather liked the show. The political sketches were good (did anyone else have flashbacks of Dad's Army and Blackadder Goes Forth when Brown and Darling were on), I quite enjoyed the hen-pecked David Beckham and I also liked the Piers Morgan sketch. Mind you, who wouldn't enjoy an piano being dropped on top of Piers Moron.

I thought it was truly abysmal in every way but each to their own.

Mugabe was inspired. Heather Mills was insipid.

Lots of kinks to iron out but in the main this was a decent programme which, along with Benidorm and Harry Hill, made it a surprisngly good weekend for ITV.

I felt disappointed with this first episode - it wasn't in any way Spitting Image. No surprises and no major risk taking. It felt really tame and safe with only a few small laughs.
The CGI doesn't help because it isn't warm enough and most of the impressions/ characterisations were poor. A few times I wondered whether Jon Culshaw had bothered to disguise his natural voice at all. It's not Spitting Image or 2DTV - YET..... However, I'm not going to write it off as it can and hopefully will come good. ;)

Quote: catskillz @ April 5 2008, 4:40 PM BST

The worst C.G.I. I've ever seen, was in that Incredible Hulk film, a few years back.

You obviously haven't seen this advert. Now THAT'S bad CGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozMDzOAGxk

Quote: Perry Nium @ April 7 2008, 12:08 PM BST

You obviously haven't seen this advert. Now THAT'S bad CGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozMDzOAGxk

Laughing out loud