Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Page 9

I can't imagine there would be a revival as the cast wouldn't want to do it without Pat Roach

Quote: Matt Mills @ 6th July 2020, 3:54 PM

I can't imagine there would be a revival as the cast wouldn't want to do it without Pat Roach

Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to the minds of the existing cast members and, accordingly, I cannot guarantee that what you say is incorrect.

With that caveat, I have to say I don't imagine Pat Roach's absence would present the slightest problem.

Of course, the world being what it is and the TV business being what it is, I can easily imagine Pat's absence being put forward as the reason for not proceeding with a revival.

Quote: Matt Mills @ 6th July 2020, 3:54 PM

They carried on without Gary Holton.

Think back two thousand years - the disciples carried on without Jesus!

Nobody is indispensable. Laughing out loud

On that basis, I think the surviving cast members of "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" are more than capable of reviving the show - and there's every chance of it being bloody good!

Rewatching it on Yesterday I think it is, unaware of the cuts because I don't overwatch it like I do Porridge or Blackadder which both seem to be on in a never ending loop, not to mention Dad's Army, but I'm not complaining! Maybe one day I'll get the S1 DVD to see it at its best but it's still very enjoyable. Oz just seems to get better and better every few years I watch it, to be fair they all do, great characters.

If only all comedy dramas could be as funny as this, it's actually funnier than most recent sitcoms. I'm noticing little things though, like the building site they are on couldn't be anywhere else but England, the housing estate behind them is a typical English estate from about the 70s or a tad earlier. Nowhere outside Britain looks like that and it's not exactly hidden in the shooting.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 6th July 2020, 9:36 PM

Think back two thousand years - the disciples carried on without Jesus!

Nobody is indispensable. Laughing out loud

Oh f**k off you twat!

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2020, 10:14 PM

Oh f**k off you twat!

Join the club Chappers, he is so stupid he doesn't realise what an absolute wanker he is, STILL not realising that the crap he spouts is NOT funny as his LOL emoji suggests in his tiny mind.

The day he does f**k off will make this forum so much better............we live in hope.

He needs to look up the definition of 'prick'

That's too complicated, and he knows that anyway.

One of the many excellent things about "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" was the feem toon.

I think we need one at BCG.

Writing on the site
From morning 'til night
We're laffin' alright (We're laffin' alright)

There's some girls and some boys
and a whole lot of noise
We're laffin' alright (We're laffin' alright)

There's a lot of good stuff
though a bit of it's rough
and some of it is absolute shite
and each day's the same
but it's all in the game.
We're laffin' alright.

Laughing out loud

Bravo!!

Gawd, don't encourage the twank.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2020, 2:29 PM

Gawd, don't encourage the twank.

Huh?