Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Page 4

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Comedy drama about a group of builders who flee overseas in search of work

Alfred J Kipper

• Thursday 9th August 2012, 8:44am
  • Aldershot, England
  • 6,117 posts

Agree that it wasn't quite as good when it moved to BBC, but it might be that they were longish series and it became repetitive and a bit soapy. I did really enjoy the reunion special they did a couple of years back, probably 5 or 6 years now. Proved what a great cast it had, because it was a limited idea really, made great by good character actors. I think most of the cast made their names on the original series. Good scripts too from the excellent C&LeF.

Another series I've never rewatched so I might have to get series one sometime, I remember the unexploded bomb episode being particularly good. Oz was brilliant in the German series.

G180e

• Saturday 15th December 2012, 3:08pm [Edited]
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,352 posts

The best comedy-drama ever made in my opinion. The only episodes that I didn't enjoy was the final 2004 special, without Bomber it just wasn't the same but stil a great ending to a wonderful show.

Pingl

• Sunday 16th December 2012, 11:39am [Edited]
  • England
  • 4,818 posts
Quote: G180e @ December 15 2012, 3:08 PM GMT

The best comedy-drama ever made in my opinion. The only episodes that I didn't enjoy was the final 2004 special, without Bomber it just wasn't the same but stil a great ending to a wonderful show.

An absolute classic, but the latter series ran out of steam. But just for the talent it gave us it is pure gold.

G180e

• Saturday 29th December 2012, 6:37pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,352 posts

I agree it was a classic. I do think they should come back and do another special or new documentary

Fazza

• Sunday 10th February 2013, 1:11pm
  • Northamptonshire, England
  • 146 posts

I've been re-watching this again over the last couple of months as it's been shown on Yesterday during the day so I've been setting my Freeview+ box to record it so I can sit and watch it whilst having my dinner.

It definitely would be great if they did another series.

G180e

• Sunday 10th February 2013, 6:29pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,352 posts
Quote: Fazza @ February 10 2013, 1:11 PM GMT

I've been re-watching this again over the last couple of months as it's been shown on Yesterday during the day so I've been setting my Freeview+ box to record it so I can sit and watch it whilst having my dinner.

It definitely would be great if they did another series.

Just to let you know , the series 3 & 4 repeats of Auf Wiedersehen , Pet shown on yesterday are edited and have around 15 minutes of material cut out of them , I suggest getting the DVDs if you want to see the full thing , Fazza. Smarmy

Fazza

• Sunday 10th February 2013, 8:40pm
  • Northamptonshire, England
  • 146 posts
Quote: G180e @ February 10 2013, 6:29 PM GMT

Just to let you know , the series 3 & 4 repeats of Auf Wiedersehen , Pet shown on yesterday are edited and have around 15 minutes of material cut out of them , I suggest getting the DVDs if you want to see the full thing , Fazza. Smarmy

They're shown during the day so the rude bits (mostly) have been cut out but I have noticed the odd swear word having been missed!

:)

G180e

• Sunday 10th February 2013, 9:32pm [Edited]
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,352 posts
Quote: Fazza @ February 10 2013, 8:40 PM GMT

They're shown during the day so the rude bits (mostly) have been cut out but I have noticed the odd swear word having been missed!

:)

Yes , but there is a significant chunk of plot missing.

G180e

• Sunday 28th July 2013, 3:27pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,352 posts

Nice to hear that the cast are re-uniting for a special 30 year reunion. I wish they would reunite and make a new episode or documentary!

Chappers

• Thursday 24th October 2013, 10:16pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,936 posts

First series showing on Drama right this minute.

Stephen Goodlad

• Friday 25th October 2013, 2:06pm
  • Mirfield, England
  • 3,498 posts

Watching the 1st series again on the 'Drama' channel. Excellent!

Jimmy Nail was great as Oz and it was before he became 'precious' :)

Chappers

• Friday 25th October 2013, 9:44pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,936 posts

They were all unknown - except maybe Gary Holton - and therefore none of them had overblown egoes.

Chappers

• Thursday 5th December 2013, 11:14pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,936 posts

Watching this on Drama right now - but why the f**k don't they have proper ad breaks?

They;re in the middle of a sentence and it goes to the ads. Why can't they wait for a suitable break? Ridiculous.

Gordon Bennett

• Friday 6th December 2013, 3:52pm
  • Basel, Switzerland
  • 19,195 posts
Quote: Chappers @ 5th December 2013, 11:14 PM GMT

Watching this on Drama right now - but why the f**k don't they have proper ad breaks?

They;re in the middle of a sentence and it goes to the ads. Why can't they wait for a suitable break? Ridiculous.

Because they don't care...it's all about making money these days.

Anyway, looks like this show is something for me.

Oldrocker

• Tuesday 24th December 2013, 2:54pm [Edited]
  • Near my beloved Black Country in Wolverhampton, England
  • 13,416 posts
Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th October 2013, 2:06 PM BST

Jimmy Nail was great as Oz and it was before he became 'precious' :)

Is that one of the stations on the way to sainthood?

National Treasure being the next.