Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Page 4

Agree that it wasn't quite as good when it moved to BBC, but it might be that they were longish series and it became repetitive and a bit soapy. I did really enjoy the reunion special they did a couple of years back, probably 5 or 6 years now. Proved what a great cast it had, because it was a limited idea really, made great by good character actors. I think most of the cast made their names on the original series. Good scripts too from the excellent C&LeF.

Another series I've never rewatched so I might have to get series one sometime, I remember the unexploded bomb episode being particularly good. Oz was brilliant in the German series.

The best comedy-drama ever made in my opinion. The only episodes that I didn't enjoy was the final 2004 special, without Bomber it just wasn't the same but stil a great ending to a wonderful show.

Quote: G180e @ December 15 2012, 3:08 PM GMT

The best comedy-drama ever made in my opinion. The only episodes that I didn't enjoy was the final 2004 special, without Bomber it just wasn't the same but stil a great ending to a wonderful show.

An absolute classic, but the latter series ran out of steam. But just for the talent it gave us it is pure gold.

I agree it was a classic. I do think they should come back and do another special or new documentary

I've been re-watching this again over the last couple of months as it's been shown on Yesterday during the day so I've been setting my Freeview+ box to record it so I can sit and watch it whilst having my dinner.

It definitely would be great if they did another series.

Quote: Fazza @ February 10 2013, 1:11 PM GMT

I've been re-watching this again over the last couple of months as it's been shown on Yesterday during the day so I've been setting my Freeview+ box to record it so I can sit and watch it whilst having my dinner.

It definitely would be great if they did another series.

Just to let you know , the series 3 & 4 repeats of Auf Wiedersehen , Pet shown on yesterday are edited and have around 15 minutes of material cut out of them , I suggest getting the DVDs if you want to see the full thing , Fazza. Smarmy

Quote: G180e @ February 10 2013, 6:29 PM GMT

Just to let you know , the series 3 & 4 repeats of Auf Wiedersehen , Pet shown on yesterday are edited and have around 15 minutes of material cut out of them , I suggest getting the DVDs if you want to see the full thing , Fazza. Smarmy

They're shown during the day so the rude bits (mostly) have been cut out but I have noticed the odd swear word having been missed!

:)

Quote: Fazza @ February 10 2013, 8:40 PM GMT

They're shown during the day so the rude bits (mostly) have been cut out but I have noticed the odd swear word having been missed!

:)

Yes , but there is a significant chunk of plot missing.

Nice to hear that the cast are re-uniting for a special 30 year reunion. I wish they would reunite and make a new episode or documentary!

First series showing on Drama right this minute.

Watching the 1st series again on the 'Drama' channel. Excellent!

Jimmy Nail was great as Oz and it was before he became 'precious' :)

They were all unknown - except maybe Gary Holton - and therefore none of them had overblown egoes.

Watching this on Drama right now - but why the f**k don't they have proper ad breaks?

They;re in the middle of a sentence and it goes to the ads. Why can't they wait for a suitable break? Ridiculous.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th December 2013, 11:14 PM GMT

Watching this on Drama right now - but why the f**k don't they have proper ad breaks?

They;re in the middle of a sentence and it goes to the ads. Why can't they wait for a suitable break? Ridiculous.

Because they don't care...it's all about making money these days.

Anyway, looks like this show is something for me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th October 2013, 2:06 PM BST

Jimmy Nail was great as Oz and it was before he became 'precious' :)

Is that one of the stations on the way to sainthood?

National Treasure being the next.