Balls of Steel

Surprised there isn't a thread about this on here - maybe because it's a comedy forum.

I'll be looking out to see if the part my son filmed is on tonight - although he said it didn't go too well.

Unsuspecting members of the public? Well they don't know what's going to happen but they're all extras.

Oh they are? Not surprised! Pity they're not taking our money really, or Ofcom might be interested.

Quote: David Chapman @ March 21, 2008, 5:20 PM

Surprised there isn't a thread about this on here - maybe because it's a comedy forum.

I spit my beer out then...

Quote: David Chapman @ March 21, 2008, 5:20 PM

Well if there was then I suppose we'd have to have threads about Lily Allen & Friends, The Friday Night Project and the "Oh my God - look what now passes for a comedy act" from BBC3's 'Upstaged'.

I caught the last five minutes or so of this last night. Possibly the most stupid, morally bankrupt, pointless programme to have ever been broadcast on British television. The premise is so immature I wouldn't have taken part at age 5. I would heartily invite anyone involved in the production of Balls of Steel to hang themselves.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan. Unimpressed

It's as if Nathan Barley has finally been allowed to run Channel Four.

I don't think this show is aimed at cultured, intelligent (and modest) people like us. It gets a good audience and has been re-commissioned a couple of times so people must be laughing at it somewhere*.

Shocked to hear that it's just extras they're playing the pranks on. That makes it even more pointless a show!

* council estates?!?

I suppose it's aimed at the "after the pub closes" market although they close later now.

I taped it to see if my son is in it. One benefit is I can watch it fast forward.

I did watch Scummy Mummy bit but it was, sadly, just like a documentary.

Balls of Steel? More like Balls of Shit!

Yeah I said it.

Cool

I guess I'll incur the wrath of everyone on here then by saying I did like the first 2 series. Not every aspect but, by and large, it made me laugh. Though I haven't seen this Friday's episode yet.

There. That's my head well and truly above the parapet now...

Bits of it were quite funny as a "yoof" candid camera. But the twat who presents it is a waste of space (and time).

Is it still Marc Dolan (or whatever he's called - can't be ar$ed Googling him)? If so, did you see him in the Richard Taylor interviews a few years back? I'm probably in a minority of one in thinking that series was excellent too but I did enjoy him in that.

Yes, it's him.

I like it- but it is on at a time when I'm mostly drunk so I'll laugh at anything then. Did love Neg's chemistry between Mark Dolan this week:
MARK: Hello Neg
NEG: All right you four eyed prick
MARK: I have missed your charm Neg. What have you been doing this week
NEG: I wanted to play a ball game, but I spent all my benefits on cigarettes so I couldn't afford a ball
MARK: So what did you do then?
NEG: I just nicked one from some fu-kers