Are You Being Served? Page 6

Thanks I will record that.Only one member of the cast still alive now.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 13 2013, 4:11 PM BST

!!!!!!!

The Story Of Are You Being Served - BBC2 @ 5.30 today.

D'oh!!! Missed that. I'd have watched that.

Quote: David Smith @ April 13 2013, 4:12 PM BST

Thanks I will record that.Only one member of the cast still alive now.

Nicholas Smith and Mike Berry engaged in a grim gladiatorial combat, fighting to the death.

Seeing this tonight it has not aged one jot. It is every bit as awful now as it was then.

It was good.I wonder if they will bring it back with a different cast (of course).

Seems incredibly unlikely.

Love the show, especially The Punch and Judy Affair.

The show itself was wonderful, loved the sing song at the end with 'Why Can't They Be Like We Were, Perfect In Every Way?' and the jazzy end theme, with all the cast taking a bow each.

Can't find a fault with any episode.

Also love Mr Grossman with Mrs Slocombe crawling across the floor because her back has gone when Measuring Miss Brahms' shoe size.

Quote: jrt2345 @ May 4 2013, 9:11 PM BST

Also love Mr Grossman with Mrs Slocombe crawling across the floor because her back has gone when Measuring Miss Brahms' shoe size.

It's not the size of her shoes what I'm interested in...nudge nudge, y'know what I mean? ;)

WHEW!!! Hard to follow that!!!

But I have a question. Last night the local PBS station announced it will not run AYBS once the present run is completed. This is due to a conflict with one of the actors over residuals.

Anyone have any info on this? Just curious. Seems weird to have a conflict after all this time.

Thanks.

Here in the NorthEast USA it's not shown on any of our PBS stations. Plus the only surviving cast members alive I believe are Mr Rumbold and Mr Spooner, all other key cast are dead. And considering that neither have done anything of real merit since AYBS I would think they'd take any exposure and possible residuals they could get!

Let me try this again.

I have a question. The local PBS station announced it will not run AYBS once the present run is completed. This is due to a conflict with one of the actors over residuals.

Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks.

No idea, I am afraid. It wouldn't be the first time a TV series has not been repeated due to an actor's objections. It needn't be one of the few surviving cast members either, but the estate of any of those who have died.

I heard just a part of a conversation on PBS radio (NPR) that indicated the problem was with a writer, not an actor.

Anyway, I was merely curious. I enjoy AYBS, but I can live without it for awhile. Would be a great time for a NEW sitcom, but NO, PBS will double up on another show instead.

Interesting. So do you know if this is going on nation wide or just locally to you?

Quote: Aaron @ August 19 2013, 10:12 AM BST

Interesting. So do you know if this is going on nation wide or just locally to you?

Not nationwide. In the NorthEast US, AYBS hasn't been on any of our public broadcast stations in about 3 years.