ChuckleVision Page 3

Quote: William Purry @ February 12 2012, 1:46 AM GMT

The Chuckle Brothers should star in a production of Endgame.

What, the Alex Jones film Endgame? I'd love to see that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQf4smeuBs

The Chuckle Brothers should star in a production of End game

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ August 6 2012, 7:02 PM BST

What, the Alex Jones film Endgame? I'd love to see that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQf4smeuBs

Films aren't called productions. We don't normally say "Keira Knightley is starring in a production of Hamlet at the Odeon" and so on. Likewise films are called releases, but plays etc. are not.

Is there a 3rd Chuckle Brother incarcerated for the last 30 years in a home for the criminally insane?

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 8 2012, 9:23 AM BST

Films aren't called productions. We don't normally say "Keira Knightley is starring in a production of Hamlet at the Odeon" and so on. Likewise films are called releases, but plays etc. are not.

But we would say "Keira Knightley is starring in a production of Hamlet". Films are talked about being released, after they've been in production. It's more usual to see a qualifier such as "big screen production" or "feature film production", but you'd never see a headline such as "Chuckle Brothers star in own release". Sounds more like a bodily function.

Are they actually making another new series of this or has it been axed

I'm looking forward to the DVD release of series 3 where they're full on stories, rather than the mish mash of sections of the first two series. I always felt the shows had this naive, otherworldly charm.

Shame that this series is not repeated much. I noticed that the duo are coming to my local theatre in 2013 but for 1 night on a Monday. Whereas years ago they always used to play 3 or 4 days. Obviously becoming less popular but the reason is because the beeb don't rerun ChuckleVision enough.

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SERIES OF CHUCKKLEVISION!
PAUL AND BARRY CONFIRMED IT ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE!
YES! REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THIS!

Quote: "We are Very sorry we where unable to record any new episodes of ChuckleVision but as many of you know the BBC have been moving everything to Salford near Manchester and will see the BBC Television Centre Woodlane, Studios close in Early 2013, Once everyone has settled in we should be back to making more New epesodes of ChuckleVision, Its certainly NOT the end!!"

http://thechucklebrothersontour.co.uk/merry-christmas-and-happy-2013/

though BBC havent said anything...

I hope there is because I thought ChuckleVision was funny and I have very good sense of humour

I do hope there is and it will air in 2013!

Don't worry it will. I have only got Series 1 on DVD.

Sorry if this is draggng back an old thread, but here's my tuppence worth. I love ChuckleVision, always have, always will. I grew u with it and have seen them on stage a lot.

I then got in contact with John Sayle, the main writer, who kindly sent me an original script, which I then got signed by Paul and Barry, who chatted about the series at length. It's a shame it's not repeated or on DVD, because I look at some kids comedy nowadays and it just seems that it's dumbed down somewhat. And before the inevitable messages that 'ChuckleVision was dumbing down too', I honestly don't believe that.

Any sign of the Chucklehounds returning?

I'm just gutted that they haven't released any more DVDs since the series 1 and 2 releases.

I'd love to see the 'sitcom style' episodes out on an official release as the YouTube copies are pretty awful.

Does anyone know why no more DVDs have been released? Was it poor sales of the first two?

I think there was an accident at the DVD factory. Plus they're crap. :)