ChuckleVision

I know it is a children's sitcom, but I think it is worth mentioning in its day it was a very funny sitcom. The new episodes are awful, but in the 90s I always tuned in and taped many episodes, I was growing up at the time and as a kid it was my favourite TV Show. Still enjoy watching the tapes to this day. Favourite episode: Clueless Chuckles from Series 7. Paul and Barry go to a hotel where a murder mystery weekend is taking place and they don't know this and think the murders are really happening.

It was ok. Defo no fav of mine. I prefered Rentaghost.

Chucklevision was indeed amazing.

And Jack, I thought you were much older than that!

They still do a touring live show every summer. This year's is Indiana Chuckle and the Kingdom of the Mythical Sulk. Sounds amazing! :D

I say 'amazing' a lot, don't I? Amazing!

I'm 26. I was a fan till about the age of 18. I've been to see them live on many occasions.

I somehow got the impression that you were closer to three times that age!

Well that's not very nice. Whatever gave you that idea?

I thought you were middle aged lol and i'm 2 years older than you.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 11, 2008, 8:54 PM

Well that's not very nice. Whatever gave you that idea?

Probably your almost impeccable taste and extensive knowledge of vintage sitcoms!

I'm getting more and more offended as this conversation goes on. When I've put on a harmless thread about Chucklevision I didn't expect this kind of thing to happen. Though I do like the way you say knowledge of vintage sitcoms. It is all strange really how I got into them. For each vintage sitcom, such as for example Citizen Smith I have got into with a knowledge of other very popular sitcoms such as Only Fools and Horses and My Family. It's like a chemistry equation: SULLIVAN (Only Fools and Horses)+ Lindsay (My Family) = Citizen Smith. I have used that method for finding many sitcoms.

I thought you were 16!

Very nice of you zooo.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 11, 2008, 8:57 PM

I'm getting more and more offended as this conversation goes on. When I've put on a harmless thread about Chucklevision I didn't expect this kind of thing to happen. Though I do like the way you say knowledge of vintage sitcoms. It is all strange really how I got into them. For each vintage sitcom, such as for example Citizen Smith I have got into with a knowledge of other very popular sitcoms such as Only Fools and Horses and My Family. It's like a chemistry equation: SULLIVAN (Only Fools and Horses)+ Lindsay (My Family) = Citizen Smith. I have used that method for finding many sitcoms.

Very good it is too! I follow a similarish method, but alas it doesn't always come to fruition: see a title, HAVE to hunt it down.

Anyway leaving my age behind, what is your favourite episode of Chucklevision. As I mentioned- Clueless Chuckles is mine.

For Paul and Barry.

Two merry souls
Too many goals
A band of brothers,
So dear,
O’ dear O’ dear.

Raining confusion,
Reined in confusion,
Reign in confusion.
Pulling order
From chaos,
From me,
To you
To me
To you.

Held taught by the script,
That is their life
Repeating the words,
Well rehearsed,
Well versed.

Two merry souls
Too many goals
A band of brothers,
O’ dear,
O’ dear O’ dear.

kjs

I loved it too. Beyond belief.

I liked the one they did where Paul ended up in an alternate universe where Barry was his butler. It was quite dark.

NO SLACKING!