The last thing you bought online.... Page 19

I'd need another case if I was going for internal, which I just won't have room for. Looking at perhaps getting a bunch of OEM drives, a hot-swappable dock (as they'll be used for archiving rather than active every day usage, and a bunch of anti-static bags or somesuch for storage.

Or plain pre-assembled externals. Whatever works out cheaper and most convenient really.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 5:36 PM BST

I'd need another case if I was going for internal, which I just won't have room for. Looking at perhaps getting a bunch of OEM drives, a hot-swappable dock (as they'll be used for archiving rather than active every day usage, and a bunch of anti-static bags or somesuch for storage.

Or plain pre-assembled externals. Whatever works out cheaper and most convenient really.

What I did was bought a bunch on 500 gig oem's and external housings and racked them up.

Aye, but I have space - and more to the point, £ - to consider more than I suspect you did!

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 5:44 PM BST

Aye, but I have space - and more to the point, £ - to consider more than I suspect you did!

I work for a living matey so I defo have less money then you lol!

They were doing 500g externals for 50 odd squid on amazon little while back

Quote: Gavin @ August 11 2008, 5:47 PM BST

I work for a living matey so I defo have less money then you lol!

But are you renting/mortgage-paying a little place in the sticks, or renting a house in London? ;)

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 5:53 PM BST

But are you renting/mortgage-paying a little place in the sticks, or renting a house in London? ;)

I thought you lived with your parents?

Only for another week and a half.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 6:09 PM BST

Only for another week and a half.

uhuh.

And no, the meetup won't be at my house, before anyone even THINKS of asking.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 6:12 PM BST

I don't need to book a hotel then? I'll crash at yours.

Book away. :P

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 6:12 PM BST

We would never ask so much as we would impose!

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 6:13 PM BST

Book away. :P

Naa your alright I'll take your couch. Infact as I am your guest you should have the couch I'll have the bed.

Quote: Gavin @ August 11 2008, 6:14 PM BST

Naa your alright I'll take your couch. Infact as I am your guest you should have the couch I'll have the bed.

What makes you think I've got a couch? Maybe it's a bedsit.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 6:16 PM BST

What makes you think I've got a couch? Maybe it's a bedsit.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Aaron in a bedsit..... Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud sorry... Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud ....oh dear your a funny guy.