The Colour of Magic

I'm not very good at starting successful threads, so I hope this one is relevant to it's position, not been started by someone else already... etc!!! If I've messed up again, I apologise in advance.

I've just seen that Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic is going to be screened at Easter in the same format as The Hogfather was at Christmas, in two parts. I'm excited because I think the first two discworld books are among the best, and I can't wait to see what they do with Luggage. I'm a bit apprehensive though because despite being a huge Pratchett fan, I didn't really enjoy the TV version of The Hogfather that much. It was a bit slow. Apparently it's the same people making TCOM. David Jason is Rincewind. Interesting choice. Wouldn't have been mine though.

What did everyone think of it?

I've only watched the first half so far. Sadly I fell asleep during this one too. I think it was faithful to the book, except it was a bit slow on pace, compared to how you gobble up a Pratchett book, and the notorious Pratchett humour didn't come across amazingly well on screen compared to on the page either.

I loved seeing Pratchett have a little role in this. Good on him!

I enjoyed it, could have been a little faster though. Tim Curry was great. As was most of the supporting cast. I wasn't a big fan of David Jason as Rincewind though.

I also want Michelle Dockery back. She was great as Susan in the Hogfather.

It bored me too tears. Even my boys fell asleep. My eldest with his gob wide open. We had more fun throwing popcorn into the gaping hole.

Quote: Charley @ March 25, 2008, 10:28 PM

It bored me too tears. Even my boys fell asleep. My eldest with his gob wide open. We had more fun throwing popcorn into the gaping hole.

How could you miss?

Oh - you mean his mouth.