Al Murray Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2013, 9:34 PM BST

Great support for a working stand-up there, Greg...

I know Laughing out loud

What would the world be without YouTube, Greg, what would it be???

I don't really find him that funny, I'll be honest. I've seen interviews with him when he's not in character and he seems like a real stand-up bloke and very intelligent, but I find his routines and characters to be too laddish for my taste.

*as I sit here getting paler because I haven't gone out to play in a while*

Quote: BenS @ August 29 2013, 1:36 AM BST

What would the world be without YouTube, Greg, what would it be???

I don't really find him that funny, I'll be honest. I've seen interviews with him when he's not in character and he seems like a real stand-up bloke and very intelligent, but I find his routines and characters to be too laddish for my taste.

*as I sit here getting paler because I haven't gone out to play in a while*

Laughing out loud everyone is entitled to their opinions.

It would be interesting to see him do something comedic outside the Pub Landlord character, other than the 7 Day Saturday stuff.

When you see him interviewed out of character though, he does seem to come across as more shy than you would expect.

Quote: BenS @ August 29 2013, 1:36 AM BST

But it's the undertone of irony to the character he's playing that makes it funny-though I fear some of the type of characters that he satirises in his show will take it at face value, and like it for that.

For me the Guv is not funny for any reason of irony, nor at pure face value agreement, but for the grain of truth from which he starts, and how the logic grows ludicrously, going beyond any sense of reason to the furthest possible limits.

Quote: Phoenix Lazarus @ August 31 2013, 7:35 PM BST

But it's the undertone of irony to the character he's playing that makes it funny-though I fear some of the type of characters that he satirises in his show will take it at face value, and like it for that.

Oh I get it, I do. But, I just don't find it funny.

I just bought this .

See Amazon product listing

That is a really good series, OR. You'll love it.

Didn't he start off with Harry Hill doing various characters?

Yes.

Quote: Aaron @ September 1 2013, 12:51 AM BST

That is a really good series, OR. You'll love it.

Just watched Ep1 D-Day. Great. The interviews with the old soldiers brought it to life.

I can't conceive what it was like.

The apprehension on the float across, the ramp going down and then having to wade ashore with all that equipment while someone tries to blow your f**kin' brains out !

Heroes.

'cause my Dad was a D-Day Dodger !

Just bought this. Brilliant, two of his latest shows in one box.

See Amazon product listing

A direct descendant of Thackeray is Al.

Quote: Aldeem @ September 30 2013, 10:16 PM BST

A direct descendant of Thackeray is Al.

Jake?