Al Murray Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ January 14, 2007, 2:51 PM

Incidentally, this is the first series of Mock The Week that I haven't had tickets to see at least one recording of. Bit of useless trivia there for you.

I see your useless trivia and raise you a: "I was once in a lift with Hugh Dennis at the BBC". Not groundbreaking but nevertheless a true story.

Baumski - very jealous. Hugh Dennis is great.

Mock the Week is fun, a show I definitely try and catch each week. Three things annoy me about it though...

1. There's always one guest who doesn't pull their weight (last week was David Mitchell)

2. In the end round they need to take the buzzer off of Dara - it's un-necessary and annoying.

3. In the 'Between the Lines' round (where Hugh reveals what Frankie is really saying) points shoundn't be given. I know it's really anal of me but they're both from the same team (the left side of the studio) so why bother?

I'm pretty sure that bit is heavily scripted, too.

Quote: zooo @ January 14, 2007, 2:59 PM

Fascinating, Aaron. ;)

I love Mock the Week. Is it made by the same people as Whose Line Is It Anyway?

The show was created by Mark Leveson and Dan Patterson, the creators of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (which was a fantastic show too!)
:)

Aha, well there you go. Interesting. :)

Ah!
If only they had Richard Vranch at the piano too...

I like Al Murray.
However as always, give someone their own show, and too many cooks go and spoil the broth.

Remind me when i am oh so famous...NOT TO HAVE MY OWN SHOW!!!

After watching again last night, and despite any obvious shortcomings, this is still a very funny show. Ah well, laugh will we can because ITV are bound to screw it up before too long.

I did enjoy the show again last night but I'm not that surprised that it's failed to grab viewers. It feels more like a Channel 4 show than something that's suitable for ITV primetime.

I saw Al Murray at the Echo Arena in Liverpool last night and he was awesome. Awesome!

I have nothing more to add. I suppose I could say 'awesome' again.

I think he is consistently funny and should represent Britain in next year's Eurovision Song Contest, particularly if it's held in Brussels or Paris.

He looks like a brussell.

Quote: roscoff @ May 8 2009, 12:10 AM BST

I think he is consistently funny and should represent Britain in next year's Eurovision Song Contest, particularly if it's held in Brussels or Paris.

I'll second that! How ace would that be? :D

I have got into watching Al Murray just recently after watching Time Gentlemen Please and I'm loving his stand up, very funny. I have managed to download most of them off YouTube and have put them on my USB.

Great support for a working stand-up there, Greg...