Steptoe And Son Page 2

Must say I thought the Bless This House film was good so I bet we disagree on that.

Anyway how many series are available on DVD?

Sorry to disappoint you, but this was on Film Four a couple of months ago and I enjoyed it in a 'this is dated but still quite funny' kind of of way, mainly because I'm a Sid James fan. Shame about the presence of Robin Askwith, a crap actor who wasn't even in the TV series, but presumably appeared as it was the law that he had to be in every British film made during the 1970s.

Quote: Craig @ November 6, 2006, 7:50 PM

Haven't seen Steptoe And Son for years and years as its never repeated.Must get a DVD od this as from what I remember it makes for great comedy.I got both the films but I don't think they do the TV series justice.Would people agree with that?

Which Series are available on DVD?

It's on UKTV Gold and UKTV Drama sometimes. They're not showing it at the moment, but when they do it tends to be on fairly consistently for a while.
The movies don't quite do the show justice, no, but they are still damn good, and two of the top sitcom movies.

Regarding DVDs, series' 1 - 5 of 8 are currently available, and seem to be released every few months. :)

Hey Wheeler we agree again.Don't think Robin Askwith added anything to the film but the rest of the cast was very strong with Sid James,Diane Coupland,Sally Geeson,Peter Butterworth,Bill Maynard,June Whitfield,Terry Scott and Patsy Rowlands to name a few present.

Who played the daughter? I think it was the same actress from the TV series. God she was fit.

That was Sally Geeson and she is even fitter now. ;)

I met her a couple of months ago in Brighton at a Carry On function and she is even sexier now.She is a teacher now and gave up acting a fair few years ago now.

Ah, I wanted to go to that! Was it good then?

(BTW, Bless This House is my favourite sitcom, and Sid James just can't be beaten. Genius. :))

It was great with other Carry On actors Patrick Durkin,Dorah Bryan,Sally Geeson and John Clive amongst others being there.

How did you know about the function?

Don't remember exactly, but I'm a member of a Carry On Yahoo! Group, so I suspect it was advertised or talked about there.

Probably.I know one or two members from the carryonline forum that organised the function have a site or two of their own.Got some nice photographs of me standing next to the gorgeous Sally Geeson and plenty of signed photographs.

Ah, you'll have to e-mail them to me! (aaron {@} sitcom.co.uk) :D

Will try to do that.

One of the first comedies I liked not seen all the episodes but two that stand out are the one they divide the house and the one they are playing scrabble and both do articles for church magazine these are two of the best episodes made.

Oh yes, I saw that division one again this week. Utterly brilliant.

There are so many good Steptoe episodes. Not seen any for a long time, although the first 5 series on DVD are on my christmas wish list.

Probably my favourite one is 'Divided We Stand' with the turnstile at the front door and them both watching half the TV set each. Just brilliant!