Political correctness Page 7

Quote: Perry Nium @ February 25, 2008, 10:19 AM

Black men do have bigger willies though.

Than what? A blue whale?

Quote: Nick Rivers @ February 25, 2008, 11:31 AM

or, with practice, propel himself forward creating a possible Viz cartoon along the lines of gary coleman and his trusty bouncing boner. shit, what rhymes with coleman.......

The poleman?

Or has someone else said that?

Then you'd like shoved up your nipsy.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 6:08 PM

Now I can't even enjoy a shrimp let alone a chicken dinner.

Is that some sort of euphemism?

Quote: sootyj @ February 25, 2008, 7:30 PM

I don't mind being mocked, as long as it's done well.

After 50 odd years I've got used to it.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 25, 2008, 8:51 PM

After 50 odd years I've got used to it.

How many even ones?

kjs

Quote: KJSmyling @ February 25, 2008, 9:01 PM

How many even ones?

kjs

The same - so that makes........

[quote name="David Chapman" post="109557" date="February 25, 2008, 8:51 PM"]Is that some sort of euphemism?

Yes it's a word of good taste

Personally, I believe comedy and satire should mock the comfortable, the smug, and the arrogant, not mock the afflicted. Islamic extremism is definitely an acceptable target of satire, and one comedy has shied away from attacking (save from the usual panel game show fluff). I'm hoping that the Chris Morris project later in the year gives these kind of people, and their beliefs, the kicking they so thoroughly deserve.

It's wicked to mock the afflicted.

Is that "wicked" good or "wicked" bad?

I'd guess bad.

Did Franky Howard wear a wig? Because it's a very good one if he did.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 7:40 PM

Well, when you just reply with a 'not amused' face Rolling eyes

That's interesting. I interpreted that face as meaning "Ouch!", or "grimace of embarrassment over a non-malicious yet offensive use of a racial slur". I made that face quite a lot while watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm last night.

There's a need for standardisation of smiley semiotics. I'm sure they were originally intended to reduce confusion in online conversations, not add to it.

Quote: Mike Greybloke @ February 27, 2008, 10:59 AM

That's interesting. I interpreted that face as meaning "Ouch!", or "grimace of embarrassment over a non-malicious yet offensive use of a racial slur". I made that face quite a lot while watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm last night.

It depends on the context really. Most of the time it's an "ARGH!" in frustration, but I've also used it, and seen it used, as in "ARGH! That is SO impossibly adorable!" typey thingy.

Quote: chipolata @ 27th February 2008, 3:49 PM GMT

Did Franky Howard wear a wig? Because it's a very good one if he did.

Is it really seven years since this thread was used? My how time flies when you are enjoying yourself................ Cool

Was going to post summat about PC when I read your post chip - yes, he does/did but as for being a good one!!?!? Ye gods no, it is bloody obvious and I would have thought he could have afforded to get a better one than that - slightly ginger ( :P ) that didn't even match the colour of what he had left on his head.

As a Thalidomide victim,I found the joke poor,insulting and stereotypical.Other victims cannot register their displeasure, having no fingers to type with. I'm lucky, my lover is a black man who typed this reply with his prick, over my shoulder too!