Political correctness Page 4

Quote: KJSmyling @ February 25, 2008, 4:11 PM

It's when you deep throat a black mans willy...

kjs

I'll get me coat...

Phwoar! If I was going to be strangled, thats the way I want to go.

Quote: KJSmyling @ February 25, 2008, 4:11 PM

It's when you deep throat a black mans willy...

kjs

I'll get me coat...

whilst being fisted by a thalidomide's arm......ah come on - it's only 'armless fun!

any room in your coat?

Laughing out loud

Again, if a joke is at the expense of someone else, it aint funny.
Ken Dodd is hilarious and doesn't need thalidomide type jokes.
The thalidomide line is a smart quick witted one but not to someone born without arms and there were many of them.
I narrowly escaped, having been prescribed Thalidomide for morning sickness, I kept forgetting to take them or my eldest would have been affected.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 5:12 PM

All jokes are at someone or something's expense other wise it ain't a joke just a statement of fact...

kjs

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 5:12 PM

Show me a modern day comedian who is successful and doesn't take the piss out of someone else and I will show you a liar.

Quote: Paul W @ February 25, 2008, 5:32 PM

Show me a modern day comedian who is successful and doesn't take the piss out of someone else and I will show you a liar.

True!

I dont take the piss out of anyone. I am not into watersports fankoo

Jokes at other peoples' expense are the best there is. I particularly enjoy Jim Davidson. ;)

Yes, some people/establishments are deserving of it but IMO not thalidomide sufferers. As someone said, we are all scared of joking about muslims...why? They don't have to be a muslim, thalidomides do have to be thalidomide sufferers though

I'm not scared of joking about Muslims. It's the establishment which is so touchy about it.

Quote: Aaron @ February 25, 2008, 5:37 PM

I particularly enjoy Jim Davidson. ;)

Perhaps that's who Rood, et al, is...

kjs

Quote: Aaron @ February 25, 2008, 3:04 PM

Yes, I watched it, I just couldn't really see anything wrong with it.

But then your an antisemite.

Well, Aaron they'd be touchy about thalidomides too if they started blowing up tubetrains. It boils down to the fact that there is PC whether we like it or not and we shouldn't target minorities, again IMO

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 5:42 PM

As someone said, we are all scared of joking about muslims...why?

No one's scared of making jokes about Muslims, Mock the Week, The News Quiz, etc, are forever having digs at Abu Hamza, Osma bin Laden, etc and they're Muslims.

What people should be careful of is references to Muhammed in the same way as I'd think twice about saying that Jesus was a known goat fukker, on live TV...

Some say ignorance is bliss... is that why so many folks love the Daily Mail?

kjs

Quote: sootyj @ February 25, 2008, 5:46 PM

But then your an antisemite.

Yeah, that's true. :P

Quote: bushbaby @ February 25, 2008, 5:48 PM

Well, Aaron they'd be touchy about thalidomides too if they started blowing up tubetrains. It boils down to the fact that there is PC whether we like it or not and we shouldn't target minorities, again IMO

I think that's a bit dangerous though. No one or thing should be above mockery. Targetng a minority is one thing, but targeting a minority BECAUSE it's a minority, or just for the sake of it, is another entirely.