Dear John... is coming to DVD!

According to Amazon.co.uk:

Dear John - Series 1-2 This title will be released on June 4, 2007. Pre-order now!

YES!!

Dear John's a classic. All the best comedies in my opinion are the ones with a darker or more melancholy edge, and Dear John certainly delivered that.

Laughing out loud Fan-bloody-tastic!!! About time.

I expect and sincerely hope that the Christmas special is on too. That is an outstanding episode.

I'm pretty sure that the Just Good Friends news applies to this, which is why it's not on our Coming Soon page.

Sorry.

That is frustrating news... The series was supposed to be released a couple of years ago, but got postponed then too.

*sigh*

Like I say, the fact that it was scheduled at all is very good for the show. At very least means it's not entirely forgotten!

What's with 'Dear John' then? There is this hamfisted mock-up of a DVD cover on Amazon, and going by the the dates on this thread it's been there for a while. I presume it'll be down to getting 'clearance' or 'expensive negotiations'. Maybe the BBC has a grudge against Belinda Lang ... oooh, I've always fancied her. She looked like my mates sister, back when was at school in the late 80s. Anyway...

I suspect it was a show that they were looking into, and that it got leaked somehow, not that it was ever actually scheduled as such. But no matter what happened, it should come out. Really quite strange.

Quote: The Rook @ November 26 2009, 8:13 PM GMT

What's with 'Dear John' then? There is this hamfisted mock-up of a DVD cover on Amazon, and going by the the dates on this thread it's been there for a while. I presume it'll be down to getting 'clearance' or 'expensive negotiations'. Maybe the BBC has a grudge against Belinda Lang ... oooh, I've always fancied her. She looked like my mates sister, back when was at school in the late 80s. Anyway...

It's not just the BBC that has a grudge, only one series of Second Thoughts is avaoilable to buy Rolling eyes

Ladies and gentlemen, finally it is true!

Series 1 will be released on the 10th of May. Pre-order now for £11.99 at HMV. (Not on Amazon as yet.)

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/13473897/Dear-John-Series-1/Product.html]
[h=219205]

Please note that HMV are also publicising an exclusive of the complete box set on the same date. I'm told that this is incorrect: not sure where HMV got it from.

And about time too. If you've never seen this series, I urge you to give it a go - it's wonderful.