Please help me find the name of this show!

Hi Everyone

Some time ago I saw this very funny British Comedy Sketch Show. After I watched it, I did the stupid thing and not remember the name or bother to look it up until it was too late. The only clues I have are some of what happened in the show. Please excuse the bad memory:

-There was a bit with a lady detective who arrives at the crime scene. She puts on a brave face but we the viewers get to hear her thoughts such as "oh i hate the smell of blood, yuck!". A young detective who is there asks her what do you suppose happened? Her opinion/answer is not good so the young guy corrects her. "Damn, the kid is right" she thinks, but out loud she says, no you're wrong....NO....you're wrong.

-There's a bit where a scientist is working on what appears to be a top secret experiment, but it's a sandwhich! He bites/eats it and we can see from his expression a feeling of discovery. Immediately, a number of TOP SECRET fbi type men in suits come in, get the sandwhich, put it in their case, and walk off with it despite the scientist's pleas to ask what/where/why!

-The last bit I can recall is a pair of men who are trying secretly to procure some items from a desk while some "enemy" soldiers are upstairs having a chat. One of the pair of men make repeated sounds of alarm such as hitting something and swearing. Nothing seems to alarm teh soldiers but as soon as he does something small like "sneeze", the soldiers immediately are alerted to their criminal activity.

IF ANYONE RECOGNISES THIS SHOW, PLEASE REPLY. I KNOW IT'S ALL VAGUE BUT IT'S ALL I HAVE. THE SHOW IS NOT TOO OLD, I'D SAY LATE 90'S OR EARLY 00'S. I HOPE YOU'S CAN HELP ME OUT :)

Well the detective thing sounds almost like Catherine Tate, but the rest doesn't. I'm not too great with sketch shows I'm afraid, perhaps Big Train or The Sketch Show though?

Hi Billy, ahh... this is annoying me now, I've definitely seen those sketches but can't for the life of me remember what show they were in. I totally agree with Aaron - my first two thoughts were Big Train or The Sketch Show, it sounds like very much their style, but I can't be certain. If it comes to me I'll obviously post, but in the meantime hopefully someone can hit the answer straight on the head...

I don't remember those sketches from The Sketch Show, so it could be Big Train.

It was Big Train. The female detective was played by Rebecca Front, a great comic actress.

That was a great sketch show! I wouldn't mind owning a DVD of their best of.

Quote: Curt @ February 22, 2008, 4:03 PM

That was a great sketch show! I wouldn't mind owning a DVD of their best of.

You can pick up, quite cheaply, the complete series 1&2 of Big Train in HMV. Has a good DVD extras, including cast/writers' commentaries, unused sketches and an extended sketch co-written and directed by Chris Morris. Plus the German version of the brilliant 'no wanking in the office' sketch.

Thanks for the help guys, I will go and get Big Train and let you know if it's the one I remember!

Quote: Billy B @ February 22, 2008, 8:28 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I will go and get Big Train and let you know if it's the one I remember!

Sorry - it's ten minutes late.

Laughing out loud

The sneezing soldier of Kevin Eldon is ace.

'Ohh, bloody buggering hell!!!!"