The Museum of Curiosity Page 3

I know a Paul Dunn, 'tis all.
But there's probably millions of you Dunn critters.

Quote: zooo @ March 18, 2008, 3:49 PM

Sorry, I don't know anyone called "Paul Dunn".

Quote: zooo @ March 18, 2008, 3:49 PM

Laughing out loud

The real question is, Clive Dunn?

Quote: Aaron @ March 18, 2008, 8:26 PM

Laughing out loud

The real question is, Clive Dunn?

Sadly, I have no proof that I'm related to Clive.

Aw. That WOULD be something to shout about!

Hello everyone!
I went to the recording of the first episode of the new series of the museum of curiosity last night at Broadcasting House. Host John Lloyd, Sean Locke the curator, and Chris Donald, Brian Eno, and Dave gorman as guests. All well and good. Interesting people who've done lots of interesting things. However - you knew that was coming - by the end of a two hour session to record a half hour programme - it had degenerated into radio bloke. It was just 4 blokes rambling on in a pub. The women in front of me walked out - enough was enough. Even my husband confessed he was finding it rather tedious by the end. They should have stuck to the script then carried on the rest of the discussion in the hostility suite. Even Chris Donald kept looking at his watch - obviously wondering if he could get the last train home to Alnwick!
OK, much of it was exceedingly funny and high quality stuff, but God did it go on....

I have tickets to a recording of this on monday, and am a bit unsure if it's worth going, actually! Overall judgement?

Well, they've had an interesting range of guests so far this series. You can see who they are here.

According to the Museum's Twitter page, the guests on Monday's episode consist of: "An artist, a war correspondent and a very very funny man."

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 4 2009, 2:20 PM BST

I have tickets to a recording of this on monday, and am a bit unsure if it's worth going, actually! Overall judgement?

If you want to know who the guests are for your recording, here they are.

good grief - you mean they allowed a woman on? wish I'd gone now....

Quote: Sylvia @ April 6 2009, 8:03 PM BST

good grief - you mean they allowed a woman on? wish I'd gone now....

Actually, women have been on for. In series one they had historian Fran Beauman, journalist Victoria Finlay and hermit Martha Reeves. I do admit that so far only four women have been on, but I think more women will be appearing, judging by who is following the museum on Twitter.

It was good, actually! Would've been much better if Sean Lock and Jon Richardson had just bantered the whole time though.