Dad's Army Page 21

I like the whole phone conversation with that dumb woman on the switchboard

(She always reminds me of an older Miranda Richardson)

And when he's with the lighthouse keeper and he's about to explain to Jones exactly where the key is...!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th December 2015, 10:13 PM GMT

In the episode "The Battle Of Godfrey's Cottage" Hodges suddenly appears in the final scene without being mentioned in the scenes before. He's suddenly standing in living room, no one has opened the door. A very weird cut. Has anybody noticed this as well? I can't believe it's the original version of the episode, there must be some seconds missing.

Has anybody any informations on this matter? Maybe Aaron?

I like the episode, where they dress up as morris dancers for a carnival to raise money for a fund and there was a godiva figure? If I remember right.

Fleshings...

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th December 2015, 7:57 PM GMT

Fleshings...

:D I also like the scene (I don't know which episode) where Pike impersonates Mainwaring on the telephone: "He's got an orange..." (pompous voice)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th December 2015, 10:13 PM GMT

In the episode "The Battle Of Godfrey's Cottage" Hodges suddenly appears in the final scene without being mentioned in the scenes before. He's suddenly standing in living room, no one has opened the door. A very weird cut. Has anybody noticed this as well? I can't believe it's the original version of the episode, there must be some seconds missing.

There is a slightly clunky edit there, you're right. I would guess that's an original edit though, not something done when the episode was recovered.

(They leave the front door open when they all come back inside.)

Thanks Aaron!

It's probably my favourite episode of series 2 but this edit irritates me every time.

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th December 2015, 7:57 PM GMT

Fleshings...

It was the way he kept on saying it with such relish. Laughing out loud

I've seen tonight's so many times, but it never fails with me - "Keep Young and Beautiful" is a classic!

The wig, corset and Frazer's skills in make-over are hilarious. Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2016, 9:06 PM GMT

I've seen tonight's so many times, but it never fails with me - "Keep Young and Beautiful" is a classic!

The wig, corset and Frazer's skills in make-over are hilarious. Laughing out loud

I don't think I've ever seen that one before - although Madame Butterfly seemed familiar.

Very good one last night - "Getting the Bird". Clive Dunn was superb throughout and we had Mrs.Fox leaning over his counter again asking if she had enough - Jones' face Laughing out loud

It Sticks Out Half A Mile, the radio successor to Dad's Army, begins a rare re-run on Radio 4 Extra tomorrow (Monday 24 October) at 08.30, 12.30 & 19.30.

Tomorrow's episode is the pilot, which was not originally broadcast due to Arthur Lowe's untimely death and is the only episode that he appeared in. So miss it at your peril!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/it_sticks_out_half_a_mile/

RIP Jimmy ...

:(

93 years old, another of the greats gone. RIP.