Missing Sitcom

Guys, was wandering about the internet during my lunch and came across a Sit-Com I liked that is missung from the BSG list. Sean's Show. Does anyone remember this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/s/seansshow_1299002758.shtml

No, i don't belive so but reading about it makes me want to see it.

I remember it. It was hit and miss as I recall, funny at times but a bit self indulgent on the part of Sean Hughes.

Quote: Rosco @ January 8, 2007, 12:52 PM

...came across a Sit-Com I liked that is missing from the BSG list. Sean's Show.

It's now added :)

The reason Sean's Show wasn't on the list was that, when the list was written, we were being a bit too strict about what was and wasn't a sitcom. Sean's Show is only just a sitcom - it's got these weird Sean-addresses-the-camera-and-does-stand-up bits which just aren't sitcom in my opinion.

Anyway - now added. I've got a long list of other obmitted programmes to add to our list somewhere so watch out for that soon.

Quote: Mark @ January 8, 2007, 9:13 PM

I've got a long list of other obmitted programmes to add to our list somewhere so watch out for that soon.

Thanks to me spending numerous hours comparing various lists across t'InterWeb to ours. ;)

:O Blimey! Had long forgotten about this. Wasn't bad and had its moments, but don't remember seeing it through to the end of the series.

I was there at the very beginning but I never really found it to be a 'must see' programme. From what I recall it was a bit surreal and had some funny lines but in all honesty I would have had a better time waxing my grandmothers bikini line.

I really liked this show when it was first on, though I think I was about twelve at the time, so it might be rubbish. I remember Sean would occasionally swing gladioli around like Morrissey, and talked to a spider called Elvis. And he was in the bath during the opening credits. Cant remember much else, other than I thought it was funny, wouldnt mind taking another look at it today.

Yeah, vague memories of it for me too. I think it was on Friday evenings and used to be on before or after Naked City (wicked and underrated music show) and similar fayre. I remember gladioli being thrown, and I also quite liked it but I think I only really watched it drunk, which I can't say is true of any other sitcom.

A tad late here but having just got the DVD and seen the first episode I really like it. Could it be the first 'postmodern' sitcom, that directly acknowledges the studio audience? Spookily, Windsor Davies is in the first episode and the second I went online after I saw the sad news that he's just passed away.

Wow this is spooky.

I literally just watched series 2 on YouTube. (You can't buy S2 on DVD.)

Great show

Having just watched a few minutes of the first episode, I have to say I'm not sure whether "Sean's Show" is actually a sitcom or whether it's a show about somebody who, for reasons totally unknown to himself, finds himself playing the part of the main character in a sitcom as it's being filmed before a live audience.

It's therefore more akin to "Black Mirror" than to an actual sitcom.

He used to go to the same pub as me in Crouch End. Sorry about boring you with that.