House/flatshare sitcoms - what's your fave?

Personally in no order of preference I'd go for:

The Young Ones
Rising Damp
15 Storeys High

Not Going Out.
Young Ones.
Bottom.

I've still not got around to watching 15 Storeys High. But ermmm, the only ones which spring to mind are Rising Damp (brilliant), Not Going Out (also fab), and The Young Ones (dated reeeeallly badly). I suppose that there's Filthy, Rich & Catflap and Bottom too, but the former certainly is pretty dated.

Could Porridge be counted? I mean, I know they're not exactly "house"-mates, but it's the same principle, surely?

Good point that Aaron. I'm actually struggling to think of many others. You can't really count This Life, can you. Maybe Birds of a Feather would be a houseshare, sort of... was it? Doubting my own memory now.

Spaced
Father Ted
15 Storeys High

Quote: jdubya @ February 19, 2008, 11:30 AM

Good point that Aaron. I'm actually struggling to think of many others. You can't really count This Life, can you. Maybe Birds of a Feather would be a houseshare, sort of... was it? Doubting my own memory now.

Hmm, yeah, very true. I think it probably could be counted - I mean, you wouldn't expect two independent adult sisters to live together like that, would you? They're victims of circumstance throwing them together etc etc.

P.S. Moving thread.

Game On was one too. Probably *the* flat-share sitcom as they rarely left the flat!

Not going out.

Only fools.

Man about the house.

So far then:

Game on
Peep Show
Spaced
Father Ted
15 Storeys High
Not Going Out
Young Ones
Botttom
Filthy Rich and Catflap
BOAF

Quote: Ray Dawson @ February 19, 2008, 12:38 PM

Only fools.

If Only Fools and Horses counts, then so does Bless This House, My Family, On The Buses...

Of course it count's, House/flat share.

Ok, well I nominate Bless This House then.

Have to admit. That's a class sitcom. :D

P.S. No apostrophe in "counts".

And yes, yes it is. :)

I would suggest that maybe it shouldn't count if the people sharing are related. That brings a different dynamic to things doesn't it.

Otherwise OFITG, George and Mildred etc etc all fall into that;.