Green Wing - It's all over! Page 3

the dvd came today. most of the deleted scenes are better than most scenes in the final episode. and that alternative ending was naff, though interesting last line from mac at the end.

I wouldn't call it interesting. More soul-destroyingly agravating! I would actually have gone mad if that had been the broadcast version. Bad enough it was written at all! >_<

I just watched the deleted scenes on the S2 dvd, and saw Steve kissing/touching Julian :O and I had a lovely discussion with my friend who came today..and acted out the special with me...:$

Quote: alex @ January 6, 2007, 12:38 AM

What do you mean 'lack of chemistry'? The toilet kiss is one of the most romantic ever....

Really wouldn't have said that at all, but fair enough!

Anyway, chemistry. No, I just never 'got' any chemistry between them. Guy, despite all of his faults and false-fronts and rudeness and so on, really did seem to genuinely love Caroline. Mac on the other hand, I just never got that from him. Liked her, certainly; fancied her, possibly; loved her? No.

but Guy was so possesive- "oh Im sorry, I keep forgetting you're mine" and he didnt want to do the right thing for Caroline until almost foced by guilt. I think he only wanted Caroline at first because he couldnt have her

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 6, 2007, 6:03 PM

I just watched the deleted scenes on the S2 dvd, and saw Steve kissing/touching Julian :O

ooh. Lovey

So what happens in this alternative ending, then? Or is it discussed on one of the other threads somewhere...

oh i am desperate to know what this interesting mac line is!

Something like "I'm not really dying, y'know."
I imagine.

ah I think thats just wishful thinking-itd be lovely if he wasnt dying, but his laughy tears when he told Guy seemed a bit unquestionable

Good point.

::blubs again at the memory::

The so-called alternative ending is basically just what you saw broadcast, but shot from a different angle, and with a tiny twist at the end of it. Nothing really to get excited about at all, sorry!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 6, 2007, 6:21 PM

but Guy was so possesive- "oh Im sorry, I keep forgetting you're mine" and he didnt want to do the right thing for Caroline until almost foced by guilt. I think he only wanted Caroline at first because he couldnt have her

I'd say that he was so blinded by his own love for her, and joy at being with her, that he couldn't see that something else was better for her. And the posessiveness just shows how protective of her he was, and how he couldn't believe that he actually had a stable relationship for once!

I cant believe he was in one either-and im blubbing too zooo

It was average at best. Not like i am dissappointed though, i never liked Green Wing in the first place.

Quote: Aaron @ January 6, 2007, 8:13 PM

I'd say that he was so blinded by his own love for her, and joy at being with her, that he couldn't see that something else was better for her. And the posessiveness just shows how protective of her he was, and how he couldn't believe that he actually had a stable relationship for once!

Guy's love for Caroline has developed from a puppy dog obsession. He knew she loved Mac, hence the 'Don't look into his eyes'. The possessiveness, as I saw it, was part of his rivalry with Mac, and part of his insecurity, and nothing to do with her as a person.

Having said that, I think that is the reason the end was so good. The 'what i should do, what i wanna do' bit was Guy learning to do what un-emotionally stunted people learn when they are about eight.

There was a real symmetry with the beginning- with all three men + sue white snogging Caroline. The ending resolved the Mac/Caroline/Guy thread so everyone was a winner.

By the way, someone mentioned Sue and her new man. I thought that really fitted- Mac's advice to find someone who would love her back was a revelation to her. And it was funny what her 'lower standards' turned out to be.

Sorry- back to Mac. I think there was chemistry. Let's face it, he is a funny looking bloke, with odd ways, and yet he is just so ...well, perfect...so the script writers got it right somehow.

i'm a bit old to be obsessed by anything but this show managed to do it. unfortunatley, with two small children and life in general clogging my brain, the memories of the finale are now fading- i can't wait to get my dvd and re-watch!

i'm just happy caroline and mac got together, even if only for a few weeks. it's would be interesting to marry someone you love even knowing they will die very soon and have the opportuniy to only have the wonderful honeymoon period as your entire married life. as for caroline and martin? as a married woman i cannot imagine hooking up with a man i'd have to care for like a child...he's a very sweet character though and one of my favourites.