The Upper Hand Page 3

Quote: zooo @ 10th July 2016, 5:46 PM BST

Totally.
And all the pale denim high-waisted jeans with white trainers you could wish for.

Fwooor!

Leaves room, enters bathroom and turns the shower on ...

Quote: zooo @ 10th July 2016, 5:46 PM BST

Totally.
And all the pale denim high-waisted jeans with white trainers you could wish for.

Fwooor!

Leaves room, enters bathroom and turns the shower on ...

Too funny: not long after posting about The Upper Hand, I watched Series18E03 of Midsomer Murders being streamed on Acorn here in Canada and who turns up? Joe McGann with a bit of a Scottish accent.

He plays alongside Tessa Peake.

Can't speak to the "aging" question as I think that sort of relates to how much you enjoyed it when first broadcast compared with seeing it decades later. If you see it first decades after originally released, not sure "aging" is relevant. You are likely approaching it as a period piece anyway.

There's a 50% sale on this week, so you can get the complete The Upper Hand box set for just £17.36. http://networkonair.com/shop/2092-upper-hand-the-the-complete-series-5027626429843.html

Personally, only watched it to lust after the lovely Diana Weston... phwoar!????

Quote: gb901 @ 13th February 2020, 10:46 PM

Personally, only watched it to lust after the lovely Diana Weston... phwoar!????

That was the only reason!

I really love this show, a fantastic sitcom, great cast, great guest stars, great storylines involving all of the characters and family members. Funny, and just a really great sitcom. I'm also glad they didn't end it once they just got married they carried on with another series once they was married.

They're repeating them on Drama from today. I was hoping it was from the start but anyway great to see Diana Weston again.

Also featured Kirsten Cooke with a posh English accent and one of Basil's friends when Cybil was "ill". Michael Bilton.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2023, 7:14 PM

Also featured Kirsten Cooke with a posh English accent and one of Basil's friends when Cybil was "ill". Michael Bilton.

Michael Bilton wasn't in Fawlty Towers though. He looks a bit like the bloke who played Mr. O' Reilly in The Builders episode though, if that's who you were thinking of?

Quote: a plate @ 11th September 2023, 8:41 PM

Michael Bilton wasn't in Fawlty Towers though. He looks a bit like the bloke who played Mr. O' Reilly in The Builders episode though, if that's who you were thinking of?

I looked on imdb and couldn't see that he'd been in FT but I culd swear he was. Not O'Reilly though. Definitely not.

One of those actors who appeared in lots of TV, mostly in one-offs and his face is what you remember, and he's listed as playing Arthur in one episode of OFAH, but his scene was deleted. 😄

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th September 2023, 10:25 AM

One of those actors who appeared in lots of TV, mostly in one-offs and his face is what you remember, and he's listed as playing Arthur in one episode of OFAH, but his scene was deleted. 😄

I mainly remember him being a randy pensioner in Waiting For God.

Anyway - going off topic about the lovely Diana Weston.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th September 2023, 11:33 AM

Anyway - going off topic about the lovely Diana Weston.

I'm not sure who you mean..................................Oh! Her!! Yes, like your choice Dave 😛

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th September 2023, 12:17 PM

I'm not sure who you mean..................................Oh! Her!! Yes, like your choice Dave 😛

Funny. I'd always loved her smile, her voice, her looks, her legs. I'd never noticed that.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th September 2023, 10:06 AM

I looked on imdb and couldn't see that he'd been in FT but I culd swear he was. Not O'Reilly though. Definitely not.

No, O'Reilly was David Kelly (he of the one arm from Robin's Nest).

I remember Michael Bilton best for Ned in To the Manor Born. I'd forgotten he was in Waiting for God.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th September 2023, 12:55 PM

Funny. I'd always loved her smile, her voice, her looks, her legs. I'd never noticed that.

They're not a "that", they are a them - should have gone to Specsavers.