Little Britain Abroad

Having seen both episodes I barely cracked a smile, previous series were good, very good and would list myself as a fan, but come on Matt and David it time to more on, the sketch show don’t have staying power at the best of times and this has been rammed down are throats for too long now

I did read there were plans for a new series was this it? I do hope so.

Perhaps I wasn’t in a funny mood but they just seemed dull and pointless.

I have no doubt that what they do next will be great but it time to put this show in the archives

Barry

Only seen the first episode so far, it was ok, but thats about it. I think the main problem is that walliams and lucas dont seem to have the courage to branch out or take risks. Or theyre just lazy and enjoy taking the easy route to shed loads of cash! They all ready had the cash, and so really should have tried something a bit different in their third series, instead of rolling out the same old sketches. A good example of not taking the easy route and trying to keep things artistically fresh would be the League Of Gentlemen. Whatever you think of their third series and film, you cant say that they just sat back and played the safe hand, they took risks. I cant wait to see what they do with their recently announced fourth TV series next year!

Unfortunately Barry, I am led to believe that there will be a full fourth series of Little Britain at some point during 2007. :(

im getting the noose ready! I dont know what it is, Little Britain has just never appealed to me

This quote from the Radio Times made me laugh. "Little Britain was starting to look a bit tired. But because they've taken the characters and put them in different settings and different countries, it actually gives it a new lease of life."

And to think that some people say the Radio Times is populated by ignorant f**kwits who know absolutely nothing about television. Putting the vomit woman in a foreign country will no doubt give new life to the bit where she throws up after...oh, my sides...finding out that a black lesbian made the scones.

They are decent writers and performers. I liked Rock Profile and hope that they stop churning out the same old catchphrases, ditch a fourth series of LB and try something new.

i liked it, although not a huge fan of little britain it was o.k, i loved the vicar of dibley thogh which was just fantastic, i prefered the first episode of little britain abroad better than the first.

I watched the repeats tonight, and was actually surprised that it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. Still not brilliant stuff, mind, but not completely f**king shocking either.

Quote: Aaron @ January 1, 2007, 12:52 AM

Still not brilliant stuff, mind, but not completely f**king shocking either.

It really was "completely f**king shocking".

I'm the only gay on the island!!! Just f**k off, you lazy twats.

Quote: Karl @ January 1, 2007, 10:20 AM

It really was "completely f**king shocking".

:O :O :O

Can we take it from this you didn't like it then :D

I was surprised by the episodes I though "oh jesus in heaven not another crappy LB" but I have to say not to bad, they could have done worse... then again they could have done better alot better, as usual, it was a predictable and yes sometimes unimaginative writing but I did crack a smile here and there and I'm guessing to keep the ratings up thats all they need to do.

I thought it was ok. Not great as people have said but funny at times and certainly nothing to get agitated about.

Better than the last series but maybe now the boys have skinned the 'Little Britain' cat to an inch of its life, maybe they should stop counting their money, step out of the comfort zone, and give us something new.

Quote: Karl @ January 1, 2007, 10:20 AM

Haha. :D

I think I sniggered slightly once but it just the same of stuff, pretending to be on a Greek island. The most disapointing bit was the gay bar, if it really was on the beach of a Greek island it would be all open plan, not looking like a cheap set in London.

And as for the Thai court... they even had the cheek to use the same props!

I used to be a massive a Little Britain fan when it first began, but now all I can say is... Do something new Matt and David!

'Toad of Toad Hall' more like Toad of Little Britain. Everytime Matt Lucas opend his mouth, pulled a facial expression it was exactly the same voice or mug-shot he's been using throughout Little Britain, and I think it's beginning to wear just a tad thin.

i agree with you i think it's wearing thin, it's becoming a bit boring, and yes it would be great to have something new, but the first christmas episode was o.k, (compared to other sketch shows it's atrocious, but by little britain's standards it was o.k)