The Worst Christmas Of My Life

I have been watching The Worst Christmas Of My Life and think it is awful. It's predictable, and when ever he says "I can do that" or "can I help" you just know something will happen. I personnally liked the first series and thought that it had a lot going for it, but this has been poor. What are your views?

I so loved the worst week of my life & was looking forward to this christmas one. It still made me giggle, (when he pissed on the Goose/turkey)(burning the vicars balls)were hilarious to me.
I agree it is predictable, however his whole charachter is based on predictable, you just know something bad will come out of everything he does.
Cant wait for the last episode.

Quote: charley rance @ December 23, 2006, 12:24 PM

Cant wait for the last episode.

Did you miss it then?, it was on last night.

Yeah, it's kind of predictable, but there's nothing wrong with predictability if it's done right, and this was f**king funny. :)

Quote: Britcom Barry @ December 23, 2006, 12:41 PM

Did you miss it then?, it was on last night.

Baggy Bollox, crap & shit...
Yes i did miss it. Too busy getting pissed. F**k.

Anyone know where i can download it?

No.

Angelic

Good, mainstream fun; ben miller is great in the role. Yes its predictable, but personally i found it very funny.

Predictable - yes, but excellent value in just the same way Brian Rix did farce all those years ago but with much more of an edge. It was a relief to suspend belief and watch something entertaining. I mean, c'mon, what's the alternative, Jam and Jerusalem for christ sake.

Exactly. To those who 'diss' it, stop looking for something to challenge you and be 'different', and just learn to f**king laugh at something because it's funny.

Ahem.

Quote: Aaron @ December 23, 2006, 5:48 PM

Exactly. To those who 'diss' it, stop looking for something to challenge you and be 'different', and just learn to f**king laugh at something because it's funny.

Ahem.

Very fair Point Aaron.
Thank god for different tastes in Comedy anyhoo.
We can not all possibly laugh at the same thing. This programme is based on basic humour, it is well written, greatly acted and fun to watch.
I am now off to hang my arse for missing the last episode.
I hate myself all the way down to my bone marrow.

Haha, I'm sure it'll be available on DVD before too long (and elsewhere in the meantime)...

I have just bought the first two series of Worst Week Of My Life and thought it was one of the best new comedies this decade. It definitely benefited from the lack of canned laughter. I don't like the way it was branded as an English 'Meet The Parents' though

I just watched The Worst Christmas of My Life - all three eps together.

Does anyone know why the BBC cancelled it?

Although I do think it ran its course.

Yeah, I don't think that any proper reason was ever given, but I would guess that they just decided that it didn't have much mileage left. They liked it enough to have that big Christmas send-off, so I can't imagine it was due to ill-will.

This was a nice series but it was a bit of a one note show and I think it was pretty amazing how they managed to keep the high level of quality up past the first series.