Cats!!!!! Page 200

Lolllllll.
What the hell.

I like how they're being so positive about it - "once in a lifetime find!"

I can taste the cat piss on the back of my throats just looking at that

Sick

I can hear the Rattlesnakes Huh?

I want a cat but it would have to be a housecat because I would be too scared of it not coming home one day and never knowing what happened. Then 10 years later it returns after a long European adventure expecting to be welcomed with open arms.

I read a heartwarming story a few years ago about a cat that became popular on a street because it would stay at all the different houses to sleep and eat etc but it only came to light when it died and all the residents had a gathering and realised the cheeky chappie used to visit them all. It didn't have an owner and would just go from house to house :D

Get a rescue cat Tarby, it'll change you life, the rescue centres are crying out for people, especially for slightly older cats. I got my first cat last year and he's one year old now and I can honestly say he's the best thing ever. They do like to have a little roam, my one was 'missing' for a few hours a while ago but just made his way back a bit later than usual, since then he keeps fairly close to home. It really can't be much fun for indoor cats, they love the fresh air and watching the birds (and sometimes catching them...) and sitting on fences and all sorts, you won't regret it, just do it!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 13th June 2017, 7:11 PM

It really can't be much fun for indoor cats, they love the fresh air and watching the birds (and sometimes catching them...) and sitting on fences and all sorts

I had an indoor cat for more than 19 years and he was quite happy with his life (I think).

Advantages of an indoor cat (some may not pertain to the UK):

No fleas.

No piles of guts and feathers and bones to clean up.

No wounded prey to rescue and care for.

No worries about kitty getting hit by a car.

No worries about kitty getting eaten by a coyote, killed by dogs or stricken by poisonous snakes.

No fighting, nor any trips to the vet to have kitty patched up.

No worms, ear mites or other nasty parasites.

No neighbors angered by kitty's pooping in their yards.

No worries about kitty running away.

Much longer life expectancy due to all of the above.

http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-lego-sculptures-jekca-hong-kong/

Mine was going to be indoors because of most of the above DaButt but somehow he had a little taste of freedom and being an outdoor cat was the way it went, he's always in at night though, I do fear foxes! ( I think mine poos in some bushed area, so no danger of upsetting the neighbours.
I'm sure your cat was happy with what he was used to as well though, it's probably down to their preference as much as ours. 19 years, God bless him.

Quote: Will Cam @ 13th June 2017, 7:38 PM

http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-lego-sculptures-jekca-hong-kong/

They're really good. Cats rule!

Next cat/s I get will be indoor cats. As long as they have friends to play with, lots of room, and a lot to do I think they're happy enough indoors. And a hell of a lot safer.

A lot of Americans I know think of cats as indoor pets. Due to some of the things dabutt mentions. Especially coyotes. I do know one person who built a big outdoor run in her garden - so her cat can get fresh air and sun, and not get attacked by some animal. Of course after all that work he hardly uses it.

Quote: zooo @ 13th June 2017, 8:05 PM

A lot of Americans I know think of cats as indoor pets. Due to some of the things dabutt mentions. Especially coyotes.

All cats would rather to be outdoor cats because they like to eat small animals, be fed by multiple homes, and have sex with (and fight) other cats. I dreaded the thought of finding my cat splattered on the road, and I'd heard plenty of cats getting torn apart by coyotes, so I just overruled El Gato and kept him indoors.

A rather large coyote (almost the size of a German Shepherd) in my neighborhood this morning. He was crossing the sidewalk that I walk on almost daily.

Yuck. Do they end up fighting local dogs too? What a pain in the arse.

Quote: zooo @ 13th June 2017, 10:31 PM

Yuck. Do they end up fighting local dogs too?

Coyotes don't really fight, they devour. They hunt in packs, so dogs don't stand much of a chance unless they're huge. My neighbor's little Yorkie was almost torn in half and required extensive surgery. About a year later the coyotes finished the job when the dog snuck out through a hole in the fence.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 13th June 2017, 7:11 PM

Get a rescue cat Tarby, it'll change you life, the rescue centres are crying out for people, especially for slightly older cats. I got my first cat last year and he's one year old now and I can honestly say he's the best thing ever. They do like to have a little roam, my one was 'missing' for a few hours a while ago but just made his way back a bit later than usual, since then he keeps fairly close to home. It really can't be much fun for indoor cats, they love the fresh air and watching the birds (and sometimes catching them...) and sitting on fences and all sorts, you won't regret it, just do it!

I never thought of getting a rescue cat and really like the sound of it. Thanks Shandonbelle I'll look up my local rescue centres. I live in a 2nd floor flat and it wouldn't be possible to let the cat come and go so I would have to keep it in all the time. I'll give it some thought and see if I can arrange something. I could let it out easily on to my roof but I don't think the local birds would thank me for doing that. Can you take cats for walks like you can with dogs? I could do that every day instead.

I remember housesitting somewhere that had several cats and it would make me laugh how they would use the catflap to come and go in the evenings. Come in for a drink or nap on the sofa then back out in to the action. A few hours they're back again for another snooze then off out again. I wonder if cats that never go out become more affectionate to their owner because they don't have a social life with other cats.

Cats cute tag has just been stolen!

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=339_1497378101

*i know it's liveleak, but it's a nice video.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th June 2017, 11:08 PM

I never thought of getting a rescue cat and really like the sound of it. Thanks Shandonbelle I'll look up my local rescue centres. I live in a 2nd floor flat and it wouldn't be possible to let the cat come and go so I would have to keep it in all the time. I'll give it some thought and see if I can arrange something. I could let it out easily on to my roof but I don't think the local birds would thank me for doing that. Can you take cats for walks like you can with dogs? I could do that every day instead.

I remember housesitting somewhere that had several cats and it would make me laugh how they would use the catflap to come and go in the evenings. Come in for a drink or nap on the sofa then back out in to the action. A few hours they're back again for another snooze then off out again. I wonder if cats that never go out become more affectionate to their owner because they don't have a social life with other cats.

Some rescue cats come in pairs that are already attached to each other. Then they don't get bored!
I think it also makes it harder to find them a home, as most people just want one. So sometimes they get split up. :(

The rescue centers usually state which cats have to be indoor ones (for various reasons, sometimes medical) Tarby so you could find one that would suit that way, but I'm sure giving one a loving home is more important than whether it gets out or nor, a pair would maybe be ideal. I want more now!