Cats!!!!! Page 148

Ha, but what counts to you as posed?

Quote: William Purry @ 4th November 2013, 5:27 PM GMT

Frequently and have the scars to show.

But you aren't going to convince me that photos like the above are just cats caught in the moment being cute? Or that a cat just decided to have a nap under a pink blanket? Or clutch a piece of grass in its paw whilst looking wistfully into the middle distance?

Ones where they are dressed up are definitely wrong. But my cat does get under a blanket and then end up with his head poking out all by himself. So it's hard to tell if 'cats in bed' pics are natural or not.

I honestly don't think you could get a cat to paw at a blade of grass on order.
And cats do hug stuff (only as an accident when they are doing little sleep stretches, they're not really hugging.)

Do you mean photoshopped as well? They could have photoshopped the blade of grass in there I guess.

Why don't those intellectuals leave us simple souls alone?

:)

Haha. I feel the one at the back is judging him.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jennie @ 9th November 2013, 11:54 PM GMT

I'm going to go out on an unpopular limb here...

I find posed pictures of cats a bit creepy.

There. I feel better for saying it.

I'm with you on this Jennie, thing is it's not so much them being posed it's the anthropormorphisation. The reason I like cats is unlike dogs, they never quite lose their wildness, never quite seek to beg for our attention like dogs.

Check out the awesome speach in Meet the Parents.

So when you take photos, posed or otherwise to try and impart human emotions and behaviours on them it's unsettling. It's one step up from getting a taxidermist to pose your dead feline in an amusing pose.

You're in love with a simulacrum, not a cat it's self.

Even the tamest, tubbiest of house cat will hunt mice and torment given half a chance.

And if you should die and your cats locked in with you, it will eat you.

A dog will pine to death.

Which is why cats are cats.

And dogs are pussies.

Dogs eat their dead owners all the time. Plus any live babies they happen to come across.
Any cat is quite welcome to eat me (AFTER I'm dead) if there's no other food. :)

No they don't, unless they're proper wild dogs.

They just sit around moping and there was a dog in the papers that rescued an abandoned baby.

Besides what if you fell and were like paralysed and your cat ate you?

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2013, 11:07 AM GMT

Any cat is quite welcome to eat me

Do you not realise the double entendre's you're potentially releasing into the world?

I've read dozens of instances of dogs having a munch on elderly owners after they've died! Of course most dogs don't eat babies, but there's pretty much one per week in the news that does.
Talk about anthropomorphising. Dogs really aren't all the harmless, dopey, loveable creatures you're suggesting. :)

Quote: roscoff @ 12th November 2013, 11:14 AM GMT

Do you not realise the double entendre's you're potentially releasing into the world?

Oops.

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2013, 11:16 AM GMT

I've read dozens of instances of dogs having a munch on elderly owners after they've died! Of course most dogs don't eat babies, but there's pretty much one per week in the news that does.
Talk about anthropomorphising. Dogs really aren't all the harmless, dopey, loveable creatures you're suggesting. :)

Oops.

No they're hopelessly needy, neurotic basket cases who'd rather be running around with other dogs, being treated like shit.

Basically they're perverts.

And most of the baby eating stuff, is actually the owners, they just blame the dogs.

Ah, mystery solved.

zooo . . . . .