Any Tommy Cooper Jokes? Page 2

Quote: Charley @ January 21, 2008, 4:02 PM

I loved Tommy Cooper but he never made me belly laugh. Ultimate respect for him though. I need the likes of Bill Hicks, Eddie murphy & Chris Rock to make me hold my sides.

Why's that? To help them enter?

Cooper's stuff went from the sublime to the surreal. Traditional jokes as you guys illustrated but my parents saw him in the Stardust Club here in sunny South Wales and he spent the first two minutes trying to get out of a giant cardboard box on stage. He then walks out the back of it. Bearing in mind the audience hadn't seen or heard from him and by the time he got out they were crying with laughter. Why is it funny? I don't know 'cos it sounds crap. It just was.

Tommy Cooper could have made any script funny, even mine.

This thread has been moved, as it is nothing to do with writers' critique. Or indeed, anything to do specifically with writers.

My Dad had the pleasure of meeting the Great Tommy Cooper but he didn't realise it at the time. Dad chatted with him during which he unbelieveably asked him "Don't I know you from somewhere?" :O

His family used to own a joke shop, fancy dress shop, etc, in Slough. Called "Cooper's", funnily enough. Although I was too young to have heard of Tommy, let alone appreciate him or the link, I bloody loved that shop. Teary

True story.

A joke shop called Coopers? Perhaps they made barrels of laughs. Now who get's that one?

I do, I do!!

:)

Good Zumba movement there Mr Dawson.

>_<

Quote: Ray Dawson @ January 22, 2008, 5:26 PM

A joke shop called Coopers? Perhaps they made barrels of laughs. Now who get's that one?

Laughing out loud

(Barrels of cash, more like.)

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ January 22, 2008, 5:11 PM

My Dad had the pleasure of meeting the Great Tommy Cooper but he didn't realise it at the time.

Why would Tommy Cooper realise it was your dad?

Pleased

So I said to this girl, do you like cocktails. She said,yes, tell me a few.

Quote: Don Kiddle @ October 3 2011, 8:47 PM BST

So I said to this girl, do you like cocktails. She said,yes, tell me a few.

Yeah, right.

Up there with 'block her passage or toss myself off'

I walked into a bar the other day. I went ouch! It was an iron bar, see.

Cooper had a great act, but my God was it limited. Glad he exists in the pantheon of comedy greats, yes, but would I want to watch him all the time? No. Ten minutes here and there is enough for me. I feel the same way about Tim Vine.