Rab C Nesbitt Page 5

ive still only managed to see the first episode, bit of a let down but still watchable compared to whats on TV nowadays-if I see one more 'cash for gold' advert I WILL smash that TV! lol. only one more episode to go and its all finished, for better or worse! I saw a glimpse of one of the last episodes, and I was sure there was a drunk rab c on the floor of some pub, lol- I was then thinking if the whole 'off the drink' thing couldve been all one big joke? if the first couple of episodes with a "now clean" rab (somehow still wearing that string vest) was just to surprise the viewer? most likely not, but I will have to catch up and watch the rest. I noticed just before these episodes started, you could get the complete box set (series 1 to 8) for around £15 or less, but now its gone back up to £40 :(

I've never really got into Rab much after enjoying his stuff on Naked Video.
But I have watched the latest series & I think it's brilliant.
I need to try and catch up with some of the earlier episodes.

I do have a Scottish wife these days though, so that has helped me to learn Scotch.

haha, don't worry- plenty of people all over Scotland have trouble with Scotch words used primarily.. in Glasgae, and in those mid regions. Im much further north, and apart from the word "like" added to the end of most sentences (which im sure is common in many english cities), scotch wording is not used at all- honest, like. lol ;)

"Bottle" - great last episode. Full of warmth and pathos and bloody funny dialogue - really nice to to see Jamesie and Rab reconciling their differences but never waivering from who they really are. Some genuinely touching moments - Jamesie's secret knowledge of making a slipsheet because of his ill Mum, Rab's recollection of his first love - all funnied-up by genuinely cracking writing.

Hated this series to begin with. Love it now.

Is there going to be a Series 10?

Always a fan of Nesbitt tho I definitely feel the dialogue has got much cruder than in the early days. In the 90s there was a lot more political ranting and a lot less sexual humour. Has the writer ran out of political stuff, was it getting repetitive maybe, or is the crudeness a reflecion of the times we live in?

Or are you just noticing it more as you get older?

They seem to running some repeats on Monday Nights, Comedy Central extra.

Not sure what series they're from but last week they had an episode called Buckfast, where they go to a Monastery.

I'm looking forward to catching up on a few of the earlier shows.

If it's any help to you, Steve, the first three series are probably the best. They're the ones with Wee Burney (Rab's son) in it. After that I lost track a bit. Like the 'tache by the way.

Quote: Bert Bastard @ March 8 2010, 4:12 PM GMT

If it's any help to you, Steve, the first three series are probably the best. They're the ones with Wee Burney (Rab's son) in it. After that I lost track a bit. Like the 'tache by the way.

:D

I've just checked, looks like the episodes were from series 4.
still funny though.

Thought it might be. Still, glad you're enjoying them. Might have to check them out again myself.

I reckon Jamesie's a bigger Jakey than Rab.

I've really been enjoying the repeats in Comedy Central. Love Gash's wedding episode with the chimp dressed like Rab in a string vest and bandage.

Laughing out loud