Rab C Nesbitt Page 2

Anyone have any idea when the new series is on? Thought I was tripping when they said it was coming back.

Quote: James Turner @ October 14 2008, 10:28 PM BST

Anyone have any idea when the new series is on? Thought I was tripping when they said it was coming back.

It's not coming back as a series,just a one-off special. I don't know when
it will be shown but my guess would be Xmas. Anyway, I can't wait.

An' let me tell you this, boy . . . new episode on in 1 hour . . .

He's good old Rab, but in small doses. I found the character of Burney though far too annoying. And God, when watching it, I become very grateful of my subtitle button. Likewise, Vic and Bob's Catterick, I genuinley needed subtitles for that.

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 23 2008, 7:49 PM GMT

He's good old Rab, but in small doses. I found the character of Burney though far too annoying. And God, when watching it, I become very grateful of my subtitle button. Likewise, Vic and Bob's Catterick, I genuinley needed subtitles for that.

Sorry . . . didn't understand a word of that . . .?

Probably best to stay off the mulled wine when posting . . .

I've never had any trouble understanding, Rab. I don't think he's that indecipherable, but maybe I have finely tuned ears.

I quite enjoyed the special. A few laugh out loud moments for me, but I was rather surprised to see Burney getting so many mentions - I thought he hadn't been mentioned in the show since he got convicted for child abuse.

EDIT:

Ooops! He didn't get convicted. He was found innocent. My bad. Sorry.

I too enjoyed the special. Very good writing with fine dramatic moments. I liked the way that on paper Rab is a terrible man, but the way Gregor Fisher portrays him, he gives you something to really like about him. I loved the 'I Can't Even Get in through the Front Door' joke. But it's weird though when watching Rab C Nesbitt I do find it very funny, but for some unknown reasons it never leaves me wanting to watch more of it.

Not quite sure what that was trying to be, especially the rant about being abused as a child in front of Burney's memorial . . .

I quite enjoyed the episode last night, I haven't really watched it before I must admit. :D

I rather enjoyed it, I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was so I was quite pleased.

I liked it when Rab returned to his old self - Jamesey crying was great!

Good to see the great man back, albeit briefly.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ December 24 2008, 8:21 AM GMT

Not quite sure what that was trying to be, especially the rant about being abused as a child in front of Burney's memorial . . .

That was a bit thoughtless, considering the abuse that the bloke who played him had been through himself.

Quote: catskillz @ December 24 2008, 11:15 PM GMT

That was a bit thoughtless, considering the abuse that the bloke who played him had been through himself.

I kinda thought that there had been some thought into honouring his memory, just very poorly judged . . .