The Last Laugh Page 2

I thought yours was brill writeone

Thank you darling, I love you xxx

Where do I send the tenner

Don't waste your time on this folks. Nothing will ever come of it Teary

Quote: writeone1 @ February 10, 2008, 8:22 PM

Writers dock have now scrubbed the LL forum and all the posts on it have gone, goddam mf sock puckers!

I did 'great minge miss milton' and came everywhere.

F**kers, my ending was still up.

really LOL

Did I imagine it or are the BBC doing the Old Guys?

I bet they nicked all our ideas for it.

No - I didn't.

The Old Guys features two elderly delinquents, Tom (Roger Lloyd Pack) and Roy who believe there is life in the old dog yet - but it might just need a kick. That is, of course, when they are not lusting after sexy neighbour Sally.

The series is written by award-winning writers Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong with Simon Blackwell (Peep Show) and will be produced by BBC Scotland.

Has anyone seen it?

Was 'The Old Guys' the eventual winner? I never actually got to see the final results show. Boo hiss.

I don't recall the mention of it at the event thingy Griff (if it's the same one?), so well spotted/remembered.

Quote: Griff @ April 13 2008, 11:54 PM BST

Can anyone remember who played The Old Guys in the original Last Laugh pilot ? Don Warrington and Melvyn Hayes I think, but I'm not 100% sure.

Correct for two points.

By the way, has anybody got a copy of the Last Laugh book they don't want ? I've lost mine and would like to have one as a souvenir of my first, disastrous, effort at comedy writing.

I have a copy but you can't have it. Sorry.

Did I tell anyone I got a long list letter? Did I? Sorry for mentioning my only success which is a failure dressed as a success.

It's probably more a burden now because people tell you TV comedy is shit these days so if you didn't make the short-list you must be REALLY shit.

At least those who didn't get anywhere can claim they either didn't enter or exercised some quality control. ;)

By the way, has anybody got a copy of the Last Laugh book they don't want ? I've lost mine and would like to have one as a souvenir of my first, disastrous, effort at comedy writing.

Is this what you're looking for: http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/lastlaugh/dl/last_laugh_book.pdf

I never knew anything about this compo. Assume it was from the days before I really started comedy-writing...

Dan

Oddly even though the forum has closed its ghost still haunts cyberworld... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbtalkscot/F2141455

kjs

Quote: Griff @ April 14 2008, 3:45 PM BST

Somebody from the audience asked Lucy Lumsden what happened to the winner from that comp, and she said "it had been in development for a long time but was finally being made".

Ah yes, I remember now. :)

Quote: Griff @ April 14 2008, 4:30 PM BST

Ooh thanks Dan!

(I'd still really like one of the little books though. EDIT - just found some copies on Abebooks hurrah.)

I did have 2 copies. I'll have a look.

But has this been shown yet? If they're doing a series it would be interesting just from the point of view of seeing it it was better than I'd written.

Incidentally this was the first comedy I consciously tried to write so it probably wasn't that good.

It would be great if they did do it again though - Last Laugh that is.

All credit to the Beeb, ITV don't do it, do they?

Quote: Griff @ April 18 2008, 11:08 PM BST

I would be most grateful! Thanks.

OK - £50,000?

Email me your address.

Hah.