Ronnie Barker

Chappers

• Saturday 19th January 2008, 3:31am
  • Surreyish., England
  • 29,168 posts

Have you seen the adverts for the Ronnie Barker DVD collection?

A new partwork series which inevitably works out much more expensive than you'd intended because it goes on forever but I may get the first one if it's cheap.

Aaron

• Saturday 19th January 2008, 3:55am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67,966 posts

First one is £2.99, the rest are £7.99.

Three episodes per DVD, plus "bonus" Two Ronnies sketches.

By my reckoning, there'll be at least 20 issues. So that's £7.99 x 19, plus the first £2.99 edition. £154.80 right there.

Kind of like the Flying Scotsman part-work I spotted in WHS a couple of weeks ago. Issue 1, 50p. "Complete in 250 issues" or something ridiculous. Worked out as something like £630. Annoyed

Anyway, trains aside, buy it if you want to, but I'm not going to recommend at all.

Jake How

• Wednesday 6th February 2008, 6:27pm
  • England
  • 1,498 posts

That a lot of money.

Tim Azure

• Monday 14th November 2011, 4:26pm [Edited]
  • Kent, England
  • 2,037 posts

Could there be (obviously posthumous) update or sequel to his All I Ever Wrote book? There's some things which aren't mentioned, such as additional Charlie Farley serials Stop You're Killing Me and Gang of Slaves as well as the majority of the Phantom Raspberry Blower, not to be confused with the pilot script written by Spike Milligan. (Although no scripts of these exist, the programmes do, don't they?) There must be other sketches linked to him which aren't in the book.

Aaron

• Monday 14th November 2011, 9:21pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67,966 posts

They may not be included due to other rights issues. It does sound like a good idea though, if they possibly could.

DougWonnacott

• Tuesday 10th April 2012, 12:06pm
  • Norwich, England
  • 1,059 posts

I got the Only Fools and Horses set through one of these bi-weekly magazine/dvd subscriptions. A week after I collected the 30th (and final) edition, the OFAH complete DVD box set was released for the first time at half the price I had paid and taking up half the amount of space!

All I gained were 30 magazines (they were more like pamphlets) which didn't really give me much new information.

On the plus side, it did come with a free OFAH mug and a free matchbox 'collectable' OFAH 3 wheeled van. Meh!

Chappers

• Monday 14th September 2015, 8:30pm [Edited]
  • Surreyish., England
  • 29,168 posts

Ronnie Barker is in tonight's "Avenger".

"The name of your pussy Mr Steed?"

"Mrs Peel."

Chappers

• Wednesday 7th March 2018, 11:36pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 29,168 posts

I just bought some DVDs from a charity shop today at 20p each.

The Magnificent Evans
Seven of one
Clarence
Porridge Series 1

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Thursday 8th March 2018, 12:02am
  • England
  • 14,324 posts
Quote: Chappers @ 7th March 2018, 11:36 PM

I just bought some DVDs from a charity shop today at 20p each.

The Magnificent Evans
Seven of one
Clarence
Porridge Series 1

You jammy git. ;)