Kenny Everett

I recently found what I can only call comedy gold in the form of several Kenny Everette shows which are from the days he was with Thames that I recorded at the time. Absolute classic tv with little gems like the how to become a Bee Gee when Kenny split himself into three Bee Gee's. There were the Captain Kremin cartoons, affectionate piss taking sketches with Cliff Richard, David Essex and Suzi Q. And as for Hot Gossip - Woof!

I always felt that the ITV shows were far better than the ones he did for the Beeb, if only because of the genuine laughter that came form the studio floor and not out of a can. The guy was a genuine genius and although these video's go back to about 1976, I don't reckon they've aged a bit. I even got my 12 yeard old son to watch them and now he's spreading the word to all his mates.

Naturally I'd love to run copies for everyone but that would be wrong because it would be against the law which would be very naughty.

No need to run copies...

2 April 2007
The Kenny Everett Television Show S1 £19.99

:) I remember myself and my sister watching Kenny Everett's ITV show when I was a kid (why were my parents letting me watch it?). Very very funny and I agree that when it went to BBC it lost its edge somewhat (and the "best possible taste" gag was done to death).

Have seen a few clips on TV in recent years and it stands up okay. Whether the whole series does is another matter, but will keep an eye out for the DVD next year. A lot of it won't be very PC now, so will be interesting to see what makes the cut.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 22, 2006, 12:26 PM

No need to run copies...

2 April 2007
The Kenny Everett Television Show S1 £19.99

:O

Can. Not. Wait. :D

Not a massive fan of Kenny Everet, however, a big cult series of that era. For those of you who have never dabbled,Dabble away, funny yes, cult, deservedly so...

I always loved his DIY/tool room sketches (1st class!!)

Thanks Baumski; having trawled through some you tube clips, i remember why i loved his show so much when i was a kid. And it's still gut wrenchingly hilarious. His sketches, for me, are executed with such apparent consummate ease, that the tag of genius is not unbefitting.

Taumatawhakatangihangakoayauo-tamateaturipukakapikimaungahoro-nukypokaiwhenuakitanata

Sorry
My Cat just sat on the keyboard

:D

No one else ever understands when I recite that.

Now before you can say, an obligatory video addition.

Kenny Everett was a genius. Loved Sid Snot, Captain Kremmen and the Parky sketches, but skits like the BeeGees 'massive huge hit' were inspirational.

There's not enough comedy and music in shows these days!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 23 2012, 8:48 PM BST

Taumatawhakatangihangakoayauo-tamateaturipukakapikimaungahoro-nukypokaiwhenuakitanata

LOL. Someone been watching Psychobitches?

:D
They spelt it wrong though.

Well spotted! Even if I'd been typing it up, I doubt I would have noticed!

*practices*

Taumatawhakatangihangakoayauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukypokaiwhenuakitanata...