Thank God You're Here - Paul Merton Page 12

Claudia made me laugh the second most, after Rooofus.

I see Rufus is on again tonight and Marcus Brigstocke who I liked on it a few weeks ago.

And Jessica Stevenson*!!!

*Hynes. Whatever.

Last episode tonight too.

Hm. Is it just me, or does it feel at least an hour later than it is?

...I know what I mean. >_<

Oh yeah, forgot to say, Rufus looks like both a walrus AND Ewan McGregor.

Ah! The perfect combo.

And a bit of Simon Pegg, don't forget.

Quote: zooo @ February 16, 2008, 10:24 PM

And Jessica Stevenson*!!!

*Hynes. Whatever.

It's funny how she looks like Steve Furst lol.

... is she not on then?

Doesn't look like it! Even the ITV website said she was. Maybe she's sicky. Like me. *coughs and splutters*

Yet again Rufus Hound is stealing the show.

This guy could be hot property soon.

To be fair, he's not exactly got a lot of opposition today.

If only Jessica had been on...

Is it just me, or has Paul constantly been the worst performer? Maybe he's just been unlucky and got the worst scenarios, but even against that aggravating Coronation Street woman, he was poor. :(

Quote: Aaron @ February 16, 2008, 11:17 PM

To be fair, he's not exactly got a lot of opposition today.

I dunno.

I actually think all 4 guests this week were good.

Rufus Hound was the moral winner again. Whether the show's judged a success or not, I'm sure it's done his career a power of good.

Furst was probably second in my book. But who cares who wins?

Overall I enjoyed the series. I thought it was better-than-usual Saturday night light entertainment.

Quote: Aaron @ February 16, 2008, 11:23 PM

Is it just me, or has Paul constantly been the worst performer? Maybe he's just been unlucky and got the worst scenarios, but even against that aggravating Coronation Street woman, he was poor. :(

He does seem uncomfortable in it. I think it's because it isn't properly improv. The settings and structure seem to constrain him a bit. I saw him the other week at the Comedy Store Players and he (and they) were as good as ever, so I don't think he's "lost it" at all, just that the format doesn't suit his skills.

Quote: Badge @ February 17, 2008, 12:25 AM

Overall I enjoyed the series. I thought it was better-than-usual Saturday night light entertainment.

Just a pity about the channel and time it goes out. :(

Quote: Badge @ February 17, 2008, 12:25 AM

He does seem uncomfortable in it. I think it's because it isn't properly improv. The settings and structure seem to constrain him a bit. I saw him the other week at the Comedy Store Players and he (and they) were as good as ever, so I don't think he's "lost it" at all, just that the format doesn't suit his skills.

Hm, yeah, I suppose that's possible. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (how magnanimous of me), since you say he's still got "it" off-screen. :)