Guilty Pleasures... Page 7

I love Robot Wars. There, I said it.

Quote: beaky @ 27th November 2017, 9:41 AM

I love Robot Wars. There, I said it.

You are with friends. :D And isn't this latest series getting seriously violent !

Three, two, one....Activate!

In the early days of that show, me and a friend started to to build one
But it got real expensive - real fast.
2nd hand servo motors and drives were £1000 from ebay
Ours was to be a flipper with spikes that shot up as it flipped.

I see now they are costing £20.000 to build. That's a serious hobby.

A powerful flipper is the only way to go in my opinion... How many are getting thrown right out of the arena.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th November 2017, 2:31 PM

A powerful flipper is the only way to go in my opinion... How many are getting thrown right out of the arena.

Uh Huh, Uh Huh an' ain'it good ! :P

The flippers often don't work - a revolving drum for me.

Probably the best ever moment in robot wars.
A contestant attacks the house robots.

I've not seen Robotwars for ages but used to watch it every week. Instead of them saying 'roboteers' I used to imagine them saying 'robot ears' and the contestants would put on some novelty ears.

I'd like to see an aerial robot wars.

Roller Skating indoors... wiiiiii... <3

Aww shucks, tis isk embarasking, as Popeye would say, but I got hooked on Peppa Pig when watching it with my grandchildren, but when you have some of the Absolutely crew on board (Morwenna Banks, John Sparkes) it makes it so funny - I'm sure half the humour is over kiddies' heads.

**EDIT
And just remembered, this morning someone was saying that in the States there are American kids speaking with an English accent, because they are watching lots of Peppa Pig - well, there's a turn up for the book!

I never knew they were involved. I loved Absolutely.

John Sparkes is a legend.

Quote: psmith @ 10th April 2022, 10:22 PM

John Sparkes is a legend.

Love everything they both do - Frank Hovis........the little schoolgirl. Love 'em all - soooo funny

:)

Bullseye on Challenge - indulge myself occasionally..........."Eee, Super, Smashing, Great, and look at what you would have won"

Love Jim Bowen ?