Doctor Who... Page 896

Quote: Ben @ October 31 2012, 3:00 PM GMT

Godot would make a good Doctor. You can see it in his eyes.

And my question-mark-shaped cock.

There'd be no f**king bow tie wearing-that's for sure, although I might give Harry's blazer and leela's pants a go.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 1 2012, 10:20 AM GMT

There'd be no f**king bow tie wearing-that's for sure, although I might give Harry's blazer and leela's pants a go.

Andthat's how Godot lost his job running the Tardis laundry.

Listen Leela was a savage and Harry was a Navy doctor - those stains were never coming out.

Neil Gaiman, Cybermen, exciting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Confirmed-for-2013-Cybermen-and-Stellar-Cast

Neil Gaiman Cybermen

Civilization is not over!

Looked at the clips from the last Cyberman episode, they drew James Corden as really fat.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 10:19 AM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Confirmed-for-2013-Cybermen-and-Stellar-Cast

Oooh! Got all excited until I saw that Warwick Davis was in the cast, maybe the BBC will turn him into a mini-Cyberman so they can sell the toys through their website.

Cyber-Babies? Still better then a meerkat doll. As it's a proper Gaiman, I will give this episode more then a chance of success.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 10:19 AM GMT

"He added, 'And with one of the all-time classic monsters returning, and a script from one of our finest novelists, it's no surprise we have attracted such stellar names as Tamzin, Jason and Warwick.'"

Mmm, a script from a novelist - almost as exciting as a painting by a chef.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 17 2011, 1:00 AM BST

It's not science fiction. The clue is the word 'life-force'. If you can't see how lame having the Tardis personified as a woman is I can't help you. It's a bong smoker's idea.

The real objection is the weakness of the writing. The Doctor has supposedly build lots of Tardis' and knows all about the science of time-travel, but he's not aware of the fact that he needs this yellow life-force to make all the valves work. Also if Idris can just fire it out of her finger, presumably he could just jump on her back and she could shit out a time beam and he could ride her like some kind of tardis horse.

These magical/fantasy elements degrade the show to a huge degree. They make anything possible, robbing the programme of tension and making the viewer completely passive. It's as if the butler did it at the end of an Agatha Christie mystery when there wasn't even a butler in the story.

Thanks Godot, saved me having to dig that out.

Surprised he referred to him as just a novelist, clearly he's a writer with his fingers in many different forms; from comics to film.

I don't think the cybermen have been treated with the respect they deserve in the reboot, with the possible exception of the next dr Christmas one. They are to clunky, to stupid, not menacing enough. When you think back to tomb of the cybermen and even return of the cybermen they were far more intelligent, far more menacing. I blame the new ones feet they are to big and clunky, they need to be made sleeker, given a total makeover, maby trinny and tranny could have a go at them.

Despite their Metal Mickeyness & Flares I thought Age of Steel/Rise of the Cybermen was a pretty good episode
If I've got the title wrong then I mean the one with Trigger

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 7 2012, 7:42 PM GMT

Despite their Metal Mickeyness & Flares I thought Age of Steel/Rise of the Cybermen was a pretty good episode
If I've got the title wrong then I mean the one with Trigger

Yea fair enough forgot that one, with trigger as the cyber davros, but still think they are to clunky.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 7 2012, 3:06 PM GMT

"He added, 'And with one of the all-time classic monsters returning, and a script from one of our finest novelists, it's no surprise we have attracted such stellar names as Tamzin, Jason and Warwick.'"

Mmm, a script from a novelist - almost as exciting as a painting by a chef.

Dr Who is a telefantasy, it's not even space opera. It aspires to the level of realism of Merlin.

Picking a fight with it over its levels of realism is as cretinous as a Gorilla picking a fight with a blamange. It exists entirely on a fantastic emotive level.

The thing that makes your argument ridiculous and a little cretinous. Is that you usually dig up some equally ridiculous show from the supposed golden era. That's every bit as foolish.

And as for timemachine silliness. Ok I'll match your farting time machine bint.

And raise you SIDRATS, if any silly f**ker can make TARDIS then whats so special about them eh?

I keep meaning to watch Vengeance on Varos. Maybe this weekend.

If its the one I think it is, its spectacularly awful.

I mean just really awful.

The one with Sil. I've heard its one of Colin Baker's best.