Doctor Who... Page 895

It's a small but powerful role, perhaps the highlight of his career.

Mainly because its so small.

As for Ace she stood for everythingthat's silly and poor in Dr Who when it stops trying. Fenric is terribly popular with people who assume they're supposed to like Dr Who.

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 8:47 PM BST

As for Ace she stood for everythingthat's silly and poor in Dr Who when it stops trying.

In fact it was one of the more involved stories the classic shows gave to a companion. They were having a go at exploring the companion a bit more, like they do today. When Ace was in the show, for those last two years, it was Who actually properly trying again for the first time in years.

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 8:47 PM BST

Fenric is terribly popular with people who assume they're supposed to like Dr Who.

You're just making shit up, Sooty! :D

I very much enjoy Fenric; it doesn't succeed fully, but it gives things a bloody good go.

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 12:34 AM BST

Delta and the banner paradise towers now that was proper cheap easy going fun

Delta and the Bannermen along with Paradise Towers and all of season 24 are complete bollocks.

Quote: zooo @ October 27 2012, 6:42 PM BST

Yes it is that. These are brackets: ()
Not these! []

If you use square brackets it mucks up the quote function.

So it does.

Cool

Why I oughta!

Quote: billwill @ October 27 2012, 6:01 PM BST

It might be because you put square brackets in your message! Use Curly ones instead.

I didn't use the square brackets on purpose, I copied and pasted a quote from an article and they used the square brackets, not me. So I am innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of my peers and such like.

As for the Doctor being romantic with his companions, I did hear that Sylvester McCoy had a sleeve up his Ace.

The last good story of the old Doctor Who, the Caves of Androzani, after that it all went to poop

Quote: Pingl @ October 28 2012, 6:54 PM GMT

The last good story of the old Doctor Who, the Caves of Androzani, after that it all went to poop

Agree with that!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 28 2012, 2:49 PM GMT

As for the Doctor being romantic with his companions, I did hear that Sylvester McCoy had a sleeve up his Ace.

Tempted to pile passed this like you usually do ;) but it's very, very witty and it needs acknowledgement.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 30 2012, 7:19 AM GMT

Tempted to pile passed this like you usually do ;) but it's very, very witty and it needs acknowledgement.

Thank you very much, high praise indeed.

Godot would make a good Doctor. You can see it in his eyes.

Quote: Ben @ October 31 2012, 3:00 PM GMT

Godot would make a good Doctor. You can see it in his eyes.

There are not enough sofas in the world...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 27 2012, 8:55 PM BST

In fact it was one of the more involved stories the classic shows gave to a companion. They were having a go at exploring the companion a bit more, like they do today. When Ace was in the show, for those last two years, it was Who actually properly trying again for the first time in years.

You're just making shit up, Sooty! :D

I very much enjoy Fenric; it doesn't succeed fully, but it gives things a bloody good go.

I always felt Fenric, and most of the other Cartmel stories where like they where written by a teenager trying to show off how clever and deep he could be.

I was a fan of RPGs and they kinda reminded me of what an excitable Games Master would write. They'd be awesome to play at Gencon, didnt make great telly.

Well I enjoy them, so good for me. :)