Doctor Who... Page 894

Yes I watched it as an adult, late twenties, early thirties I guess, I thought it was really poor by then, but I was a child of the Pertwee era, and that was the early period I liked. McCoy just didn't do it for me, and the companions were awful, not like the lovely Jo Grant Lovey

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 26 2012, 12:02 PM BST

Go Straight to the Pandorica!

Unless you have a "Get out of the Pandorica free with no proper explanation card"

GaliFree Parking?
The Weeping Angel Islington?

You should have designed the game. The manufacturer's description sounds crap:

If you dream of Daleks, Doctors, and time travel, then Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition Monopoly was made for you! Travel through time and space as you buy, sell, and trade iconic episodes spanning billions of years across the Doctor Who universe, including the episodes "The Poison Sky," "A Good Man Goes to War," "Genesis of the Daleks," and "Omega." In fact, 22 of the most iconic Doctor Who episodes are referenced throughout the game! The Doctor Who Monopoly Board Game comes with 6 tokens themed to the BBC TV series: Umbrella, Sonic Screwdriver, Celery, Recorder, Bow Tie, and Scarf. It even features a 60-minute speed-play option for antsy Whovians! All 11 Doctors from the franchise are featured on the board center, making this Doctor Who Collector's Edition Monopoly Game a real treat for any fan. Oh, and remember to collect $200 when you pass the Daleks! Ages 8 and up.

Quote: Pingl @ October 26 2012, 1:40 PM BST

darker? It was like a pantomime, the awful Ace etc I didn't like it, but each to his own, I felt by that point it was looking really tired

Battlefield was terrible - flying knights. Silver Nemesis, Ghost Light, Delta and the Bannerman were really poor stories. There wasn't much to like with McCoys scripts. Ace was really annoying - worse than Rose.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 26 2012, 4:23 PM BST

You should have designed the game. The manufacturer's description sounds crap:

If you dream of Daleks, Doctors, and time travel, then Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition Monopoly was made for you! Travel through time and space as you buy, sell, and trade iconic episodes spanning billions of years across the Doctor Who universe, including the episodes "The Poison Sky," "A Good Man Goes to War," "Genesis of the Daleks," and "Omega." In fact, 22 of the most iconic Doctor Who episodes are referenced throughout the game! The Doctor Who Monopoly Board Game comes with 6 tokens themed to the BBC TV series: Umbrella, Sonic Screwdriver, Celery, Recorder, Bow Tie, and Scarf. It even features a 60-minute speed-play option for antsy Whovians! All 11 Doctors from the franchise are featured on the board center, making this Doctor Who Collector's Edition Monopoly Game a real treat for any fan. Oh, and remember to collect $200 when you pass the Daleks! Ages 8 and up.

"Omega" was a Big Finish production.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ October 26 2012, 7:04 PM BST

Ghost Light, really poor stories.

Bonkers.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 26 2012, 7:13 PM BST

Bonkers.

This. Next he'll be saying The Curse of Fenric was pony.

Ghost light have been great it may have been terrible it it was too self indulgently weird too tell

Ghost of fenric was just very long so ,much so it choked off any charm

Delta and the banner paradise towers now that was proper cheap easy going fun

And the dalek one was probably one of the better ones

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 12:34 AM BST

Ghost light have been great it may have been terrible it it was too self indulgently weird too tell

Ghost of fenric was just very long so ,much so it choked off any charm

Belters both. :)

Worse false memory than a serial jimll fix it star

The sad thing about Sylvester McCoy ere was Ambitious scripts with neither budget nor talent

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 12:44 AM BST

Worse false memory than a serial jimll fix it star

Nope, got 'em on me shelf, watched them many times. Always be two of my favourites.

Speaking of McCoy-era Who, has anyone read Ben Aaronovitch's 'Rivers of London' novels? Hadn't heard of him in years and these were suddenly being advertised everywhere on the underground (for a fortnight anyway).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 23 2012, 9:31 PM BST

Just a quick hint Pingl, if you are going to quote, watch out for the actual number of quotation marks - it makes the BB Code have a spaz. That's why my quote wasn't in the neat little box.

(BTW, it took me months to figure this out and no one told me what I was doing wrong, because the BCG is full of clique-y bastardos)

It might be because you put square brackets in your message! Use Curly ones instead.

Quote: billwill @ October 27 2012, 6:01 PM BST

It might be because you put square brackets in your message! Use Curly ones instead.

Yes it is that. These are brackets: ()
Not these! []

If you use square brackets it mucks up the quote function.

I seem to have entered at roughly the right page! As someone who doesn't often read this thread (I tried it once, zooo scared me avowing horrendous death to all who weren't Tennant) I was wondering about people's opinions on the 'Delta and the Bannermen' three-parter. Am reading a book about Ken Dodd and it skims over this rather quickly...

For one of the absolute nadir seasons of Dr Who its not that bad. Quite fun very reminesent of the quite, anarchic, comedy scifi of the time.
And it avoided the painful cheapness of missteps like Fenric. The season suffered from a horrible mixture, of terrible companions (Ace was even worse than Bonny Langford), poor humour and over ambition.

Delta like Paradise Towers, avoided this by embracing its weakneses

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2012, 8:31 PM BST

For one of the absolute nadir seasons of Dr Who its not that bad. Quite fun very reminesent of the quite, anarchic, comedy scifi of the time.
And it avoided the painful cheapness of missteps like Fenric. The season suffered from a horrible mixture, of terrible companions (Ace was even worse than Bonny Langford), poor humour and over ambition.

Anyone who prefers Bannermen to Fenric is out of their crazy brain, as is anyone putting bloody Langford above Ace.

Dodd is barely in the story though, I think it might only be one scene. It's a one of the worst McCoy stories.