Doctor Who... Page 893

Just saw on Amazon there is a Doctor Who Monopoly. I want it.

Quote: Pingl @ October 24 2012, 9:54 PM BST

The character was boxed into a corner because how crazy can you go, but that kind of frothing at the mouth is hard to keep going. Delgado played him as the negative of the Doctors positive, but he had a charm, I always remember him when he turned up as the vicar in the Daemons, I don't see how Simm could do that unless they totally rethought his part.

Simm isn't in the same class of actor, as Delgado. I've seen Delgado play other characters, and he's always been subtle. Simm has never been subtle. Its an art form lost, today!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ October 26 2012, 11:17 AM BST

Simm isn't in the same class of actor, as Delgado. I've seen Delgado play other characters, and he's always been subtle. Simm has never been subtle. Its an art form lost, today!

You've obviously not seen Life on Mars a masterpiece of subtle undeplayed acting.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ October 26 2012, 11:08 AM BST

There is no evidence to suggest that Moffat is leaving after series 7. He has been quoted as saying that he has already written Smiths regeneration script.
Although, I would be pleased if Moffat did leave. He, and RTD, have destroyed a show I once loved.

You need to add JNT and Graham Williams to that list.

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2012, 11:15 AM BST

But who would you play it with?

Don't expect too much from Moffat's take on the Master. He turned Moriarty into a petulant homo.

Try to look at this picture without bursting out laughing.

People who I pay to spend time with me. Duh.

Go Straight to the Pandorica!

Unless you have a "Get out of the Pandorica free with no proper explanation card"

GaliFree Parking?
The Weeping Angel Islington?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 26 2012, 11:59 AM BST

You need to add JNT and Graham Williams to that list.

But who would you play it with?

Don't expect too much from Moffat's take on the Master. He turned Moriarty into a petulant homo.

Try to look at this picture without bursting out laughing.

I like to defend Graham Williams, if you watch the documentary on The Underworld DVD, the production team had terrible money problems. As for JNT, he should have had the balls to leave with Davison. Bakers/McCoys scripts were terrible.

As for Andrew Scott! Another ham on the telly.

JNT destroyed Dr. Who at the time, the dolly mixture robot?????

McCoy's last two series were great. It was hitting top form agin, and then it was cancelled.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 26 2012, 12:39 PM BST

McCoy's last two series were great. It was hitting top form agin, and then it was cancelled.

were you watching the same programme as me. It was only when it was rebooted that it could live with Star Trek NG etc, McCoy was dreadful, silly question mark umbrella, liked the movie though with that other fella

Quote: Pingl @ October 26 2012, 1:22 PM BST

were you watching the same programme as me. It was only when it was rebooted that it could live with Star Trek NG etc, McCoy was dreadful, silly question mark umbrella, liked the movie though with that other fella

Same programme; Curse Of Fenric, Ghost Light, Remembrence Of The Daleks; top drawer Who. McCoy started badly in the role, but really settled into it when they took it in a darker direction.

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2012, 11:15 AM BST

Yes the BBC has a monopoly on Dr Who it makes them lots of money.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 26 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Same programme; Curse Of Fenric, Ghost Light, Remembrence Of The Daleks; top drawer Who. McCoy started badly in the role, but really settled into it when they took it in a darker direction.

darker? It was like a pantomime, the awful Ace etc I didn't like it, but each to his own, I felt by that point it was looking really tired

Stott was a chidler when McCoy was on. As was I. Maybe if you first saw him as an adult it wasn't as good? (If you even were.)
I dunno.

I think most tend to prefer the version of Who that was on when they were a kid.

Quote: Pingl @ October 26 2012, 1:40 PM BST

It was like a pantomime,

Mm; no, I don't think that really fits most of the final two years. MOST, notice I put! You couldn't describe something as dark and plain odd as Ghost Light as pantomime, for example. They were getting away, in the main, from that garish aesthetic that bled into eighties Who more and more. Yes, that Bertie Bassett monster does not help my argument!