Doctor Who... Page 889

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2012, 6:57 PM BST

I've quite liked the setting of the last few, it does give a nice short cut to a Christmassy feel.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2012, 6:30 PM BST

Plus, if you set it before Victorian times, you can't have Christmas trees and Santa and all the other guff that let's the thick audience know it's bleeding Christmas.

Whistling nnocently

By the way how come it's the mid season finale after five episodes? Aren't most seasons about 12-13 episodes?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2012, 6:44 PM BST

Not to trip up your rant, but, of course, strictly speaking, we've yet to see a Christmas special set in Victorian times. And we've only had one set during the war. Carry on.

Wasn't there something about a giant robot?? And the Doctor dresses Victorian doesn't he, and Gattis.... well you know! :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2012, 6:57 PM BST

Count it, but it wasn't set then, so wrong! Neer-!

Shakes his head sadly :(

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2012, 10:04 PM BST

Shakes his head sadly :(

Why, exactly?

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ October 1 2012, 9:36 PM BST

By the way how come it's the mid season finale after five episodes? Aren't most seasons about 12-13 episodes?

Seasons is an American term dear boy. We won the Ryder cup again against all odds so we can do what we like. It's a Whoniversal law!

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2012, 10:04 PM BST

Wasn't there something about a giant robot?? And the Doctor dresses Victorian doesn't he, and Gattis.... well you know! :)

Yes, I remembered that when someone else pointed it out; had thought it was a normal series episode for some reason. As for the Doctor's dress sense and the existence of Mark Gatiss, not sure that has much to do with what we were talking about.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2012, 10:06 PM BST

Yes, I remembered that when someone else pointed it out; had thought it was a normal series episode for some reason. As for the Doctor's dress sense and the existence of Mark Gatiss, not sure that has much to do with what we were talking about.

Matthew whatever does facts and logic have ever do to, on both sides (not that it is a war, we are both on the same side there) with our discussions
of Who?? :D

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2012, 10:05 PM BST

Seasons is an American term dear boy. We won the Ryder cup again against all odds so we can do what we like. It's a Whoniversal law!

Yeah, I've found myself using it despite the fact there aren't four in each year. At least I don't describe a room comprising only of toilets and basins as a "bath room". And don't get me started on "rest room". Some people might like to relax and read a book while doing their business but for me the experience is nothing but pure exertion.

Surely it's okay to talk about "seasons" when there's 13 episodes.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ October 1 2012, 10:18 PM BST

Yeah, I've found myself using it despite the fact there aren't four in each year. At least I don't describe a room comprising only of toilets and basins as a "bath room". And don't get me started on "rest room". Some people might like to relax and read a book while doing their business but for me the experience is nothing but pure exertion.

You want to read a better book!

Better than "Or is that just me?" by Richard Hammond? Are you mad?

WHo????

True story: I was in the 99p Store the other day, and I came close to buying 12 copies of that book. I had a desk I wanted raising a few inches and his book was the right thickness. Then I decided against it, because I didn't fancy walking up to the till with my arms laden with 12 copies of Richard Hammond's book.

That's the whole story.

Yeah... but who is he??

I thought you were making a pun. You really don't know who Richard Hammond is?

He's the short one off Top Gear.