Doctor Who... Page 1,108

Well she does look a bit manic in that pic.

She seemed all right to me. Can't really tell until I see a proper episode, though.

She was good in the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, but it was a tiny part.

So it's hard to judge.

As it is the clip was horrible; wacky, self referential dialogue, winking at the audience, ugly, ugly sets. And Daleks wobbling in CGI and not shooting straight.

Everything that's bad about the last few seasons compacted in to 2 minutes.

How about a female doctor? With a sexy but stupid male assistant and an alien one. Shake up the formula do something new?

Quote: sootyj @ 26th April 2016, 8:16 AM BST

How about a female doctor? With a sexy but stupid male assistant.

Absolutely. Susan Calman for Dr Who. Scene one: she climbs step ladders and head buts a Darlik.

Someone messed with Peter. This looks so weird.

Actually he looks like he went to my school, that's pretty much exactly our uniform. (Aside from the celery.)

Goodies/Doctor Who opening mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMthXzecudA

Doctor Who Series 10 starts today Saturday 15 Apr 2017, BBC1, 7:20 PM.

A Girl named Bill !

Huh, I don't approve. This takes equality of the Sexes too far !.

I've not seen the Capaldi years, as Who became unwatchable under Moffat's tenure. When does Chris Chibnall get to take over? Can only hope he throws out the "convoluted emotional meta arc of indestructible smug" formula so beloved by Moffatt. And return to strong, meaty, stand-alone stories. Where a companion is just a companion, rather than a key to saving the universe, past and present, and a crutch for nauseous, egotistical emotional angst.

I've only got half way through & I'm drifting away
If it ends up being a good episode, let me know & I'll rewatch it

It was great!
I think they have really good chemistry (which I haven't felt he had with previous companions). Even Matt Lucas's character wasn't annoying. And the university setting was perfect - I hope that's a recurring thing.
I was not expecting to like it as much as I did.

It's all been a bit grim and introspective for me of late but this was actually mildly entertaining.The star of the show was the new girl Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGV3PhEg5c

I thought that this series was the best in a long while
Surprisingly good
SootyJ would agree with me if he was still here
And if Godot hasn't left again then god knows what that crazy fool would say
But well done Moffat
For a change

Matthew Stott would agree with me as well

Loved the combo of Doctor and companion this series. Even Nardole was good. Such a shame we only got one series with them. :(
I really loved the whole set up of the Doctor teaching in the university too. I will miss it all!

(Basically I've just repeated my last post on this thread. Oh well.)

Been a big Who fan for 40 odd years. Recently I've just been underwhelmed. Since Capaldi took over its been dire (not Capaldi's fault). Moffat must take the blame for this. The programme has become dull, issue led and tries to be too clever, clever for its own good. You cant tell where Doctor Who ends and Sherlock begins, and both shows have suffered for it. Last night was an incoherent mess.

I've never been a huge fan of New Who and I stopped watching it many years ago, but I kept hearing good things about this series and have enjoyed the episodes I've seen. The two-part finale was very good and I liked Simm's Master a lot more this time round. Be interesting to see what happens in the Xmas special.