Doctor Who... Page 1,075

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 4th June 2014, 2:03 PM BST

Good for you and yes, the last few films, including 'Young Hannibal' or whatever it was called were atrociously dreadful.

Just to catch you up to date for season 2 - Will Graham has discovered that Hannibal is the serial killer, but Hannibal has framed Will for the murders and he's locked away in a psychiatric hospital awaiting trial. No one believes he is innocent, including all of his friends and it's likely Will is going to get the death sentence for the crimes he didn't commit.

It's a shame as the first 2 were actually pretty good and Benjamin Gunn was a phenomenal villain.

I'd rate Brian Cox's Hannibal as the best.

With Dexter I think when they had Trinity and then Jimmy Smitts they again had 2 very convincing and real villains. But I guess because Trinity was kinda pitiful and Jimmy Smitts was just hilariously enthusiastic.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th June 2014, 2:19 PM BST

With Dexter I think when they had Trinity and then Jimmy Smitts they again had 2 very convincing and real villains. But I guess because Trinity was kinda pitiful and Jimmy Smitts was just hilariously enthusiastic.

The show peaked with the Trinity Killer and then became a parody of itself. This season 'Dexter is after a serial killer, but someone in Miami Metro (the police department, not the mini-Asda) suspects Dexter of being a serial killer...what will happen next?'

Hannibal is great. It starts well and just picks up and up as the two seasons develop. It's not like Dexter. If you don;t like serial killer things, then sure, you're not going to like it. But if that doesn't put you off, it's one of the bestest shows around.

Quote: zooo @ 4th June 2014, 2:09 PM BST

*sees RC's pics*

*starts watching Hannibal*

You don't watch Hannibal? You should watch Hannibal.

I'm not even a fan of the films. Even Silence of The Lambs didn't do all that much for me. And I much prefer the Hannibal we get in the telly one to Hopkins theatrical take.

I think I'm just not watching much telly at the mo.

Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, True Detective, I'm starting to see an absence of substance beneath the style,

where as I prefer substance with less style.

Oh God, True Detective, the very best telly show I've seen this year. Rocked my socks off it did.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th June 2014, 7:30 PM BST

Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, True Detective, I'm starting to see an absence of substance beneath the style.

Get f**ked, there's a ton of substance in The Walking Dead.

*I will actually put my Hannibal hat on and kill/eat anyone who is negative about TWD*

(Game Of Thrones does nothing for me though, I agree.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 4th June 2014, 6:43 PM BST

You don't watch Hannibal? You should watch Hannibal.

Is it actually on UK telly?

I do like some of the earlier Hannibal films. But I would expect the TV show to be totally different anyway.

I think some SKY channel shows it.

WD it's all just so negative.

WD it's all just so negative.

Your mum.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 4th June 2014, 8:05 PM BST

I think some SKY channel shows it.

Ah yeah, Sky Living is half way through series 2. I've totally missed the boat on that one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 4th June 2014, 7:38 PM BST

Oh God, True Detective, the very best telly show I've seen this year. Rocked my socks off it did.

I loved it. Have heard rumours that Brad Pitt and George a looney are to star in the follow up???

Quote: Marc P @ 4th June 2014, 9:24 PM BST

I loved it. Have heard rumours that Brad Pitt and George a looney are to star in the follow up???

Yeah, there's lots of rumours. Apparently it's three leads next time, and at least one or two of them will be women, rather than just another bloke duo.

We'll still probably get to see lots of women's arses bouncing from behind mind if the same guy directs it.

Oh is it by the same guy who makes Game Of Thrones?

I think they discuss shots over cigars.

Quote: zooo @ 4th June 2014, 8:04 PM BST

Get f**ked, there's a ton of substance in The Walking Dead.

*I will actually put my Hannibal hat on and kill/eat anyone who is negative about TWD*

(Game Of Thrones does nothing for me though, I agree.)

Is it actually on UK telly?

I do like some of the earlier Hannibal films. But I would expect the TV show to be totally different anyway.

Hey Zooo go look at the flowers.

I never said it lacked substance, just I dunno it's a bit miserable, in the same way so many crime shows say "hey look that person was killed in a really funky way."

I dunno I want humour, real characters and tension. Like CSI chuckle brothers.