Doctor Who... Page 1,073

Just bought the new series of Hell on Wheels. Not as good as Firefly but then not scifi. Hell am going to buy Firefly now!!!

Quote: zooo @ 1st June 2014, 6:22 PM BST

And I've never approved of the Doctor having remotely romantic feels, even when it was Tennant.

Only because the feels weren't directed towards you. 'Don't kiss him you alien cow! He's mine!!!' ;)

I suppose if wrinkly Who isn't cutting it with the demographic, they could always bring in a hunky male companion to satiate the hordes.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2014, 6:23 PM BST

I'd say early season RTD is New Who at it's best. Was there ever a finer Dalek story then, Dalek.

No, to me first Moffat season was the best new-Who has been. (No farting Slitheen for one thing)

I have Serenity can't remember to watch that first or the series though?

Quote: Marc P @ 1st June 2014, 6:35 PM BST

Hell am going to buy Firefly now!!!

I have the DVD boxset and it's both frustrating and heart breaking. You get right into the show and then half way through - it's over. Teary

Don't know if you've seen them or not, but Hannibal has really rocketed up the charts for me, both in terms of story telling and cinematography. It really is one of the most disturbingly beautiful shows ever made.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 6:09 PM BST

That's easy to answer, it was recent. It's the same with any polls rating the best movie, song, television show, etc. People have goldfish memories.

It was also genuinely good. Will it come out top in ten years? Probably not, but it'll still be highly placed I'd bet.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 6:37 PM BST

Only because the feels weren't directed towards you. 'Don't kiss him you alien cow! He's mine!!!' ;)

I suppose if wrinkly Who isn't cutting it with the demographic, they could always bring in a hunky male companion to satiate the hordes.

There's already a new younger 'hunky' male character who's going to be popping up in the new series.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 6:40 PM BST

Don't know if you've seen them or not, but Hannibal has really rocketed up the charts for me, both in terms of story telling and cinematography. It really is one of the most disturbingly beautiful shows ever made.

That is good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 1st June 2014, 6:41 PM BST

There's already a new younger 'hunky' male character who's going to be popping up in the new series.

As long as he's feisty.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 6:49 PM BST

As long as he's feisty.

He's giving you the eye:

Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't get into serial killer shows anymore.

They're just nasty, usually not very bright people that kill other people.

Why can't we have shows about less horrid crimes like plant pot theft.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2014, 6:52 PM BST

Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't get into serial killer shows anymore.

They're just nasty, usually not very bright people that kill other people.

Then you're missing out, Hannibal is tops.

I saw a bit, not for me.

So Notorious how do you feel about that tramp you stabbed

Quote: Marc P @ 1st June 2014, 6:39 PM BST

I have Serenity can't remember though?

Ah the endless sunshine of the spotless mind, wiped clean with neat gin most days.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2014, 6:56 PM BST

I saw a bit, not for me.

Madness I say.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 1st June 2014, 6:53 PM BST

Then you're missing out, Hannibal is tops.

I am in agreement with Matthew Stott. (ooh that's a weird feeling - I feel all clammy and disgusting now)

;)

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2014, 6:52 PM BST

So you've seen the BBC's autumn schedule.

Bill and Ben flowerpot policemen.

Moffatt's writing it I believe, with Weed being replaced by a big chive bush so it doesn't stygmatise weak kids.

Frank Skinner is in the new series. Has he done drama before?