To The Manor Born

The Christmas day special edition of To The Manor Born was a huge success.

Do you think there should be a new series of the show?

I used to watch this years ago and it was OK but having watched the Xmas episode I thought that, for me, it belonged to another era and didn't really translate well to today's audiences.

Having said that there is no reason why comedy must bet cutting edge and yoof friendly so there is probably a market for the show amongst a certain section of the TV viewing public.

It seemed equally as relevant as Last of the Summer Wine and if the right age group focus group got to see it then why not?

I think there might be a new series.

I missed it. Just thought I would pop on and offer no feedback whatsoever!

Quote: Richard Saunders @ January 1, 2008, 2:51 PM

The xmas day special edition of To The Manor Born was a huge success.

Yes.

Quote: Richard Saunders @ January 1, 2008, 2:51 PM

No.

Yes - about 6 episodes a year.

Quote: Charley @ January 1, 2008, 4:15 PM

I missed it. Just thought I would pop on and offer no feedback whatsoever!

That was helpful.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 1, 2008, 3:36 PM

Having said that there is no reason why comedy must bet cutting edge and yoof friendly so there is probably a market for the show amongst a certain section of the TV viewing public.

It seemed equally as relevant as Last of the Summer Wine and if the right age group focus group got to see it then why not?

I agree with that but I wouldn't bother watching it.

It was good. It was safe, entertaining viewing and most of all - it was funny! (And I mean funny as in laughing. What with things like The Office being called a comedy, I think people have invented a new defination of the word.)

So, Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles were together also in two series of Executive Stress.
And, yes, I realize it is probably something completely different (albatross!), but still - is it decent? I'm ashamed to say I did not know anything about it until very recently.

Yes, it is. And I know why you know it. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2008, 12:52 PM GMT

Yes, it is. And I know why you know it. :)

I also know why you know I know. You know?
but I need to know if it is worth it :)

Yes, it is. :)

Glad to see that BBC2 will repeat this. I'm going to record the first few episodes. Maybe this is something for me.

If it isn't for you, you should probably just shoot yourself, because none of the rest of us can help you. ;)