The Big Fat Quiz of the Year Page 6

It was okay. I'm with Aaron on Brand's utter lack of delivery. I think if I'd read some of his quips I would've found them more amusing than I actually did.

Jimmy's laughter is awesome, and I'll hear nobody tell me otherwise. Then again, this is partly because my friend told me that if I'm laughing extremely hard at something, my laughter sounds similar. A girlier version of it. Weird laughs for the win. :D

I wish Brooker & Mitchell had been more vocal, it had the potential to be more hilarious than it was. The bit about them not dancing, David's two albums.. I don't know, sometimes I wonder if he's playing up this persona of being a fuddy-duddy.

Sounded rather like me, so I doubt he is.

Or at least, it's quite possible that he isn't. Errr

I very much enjoyed this. It certainly made up for last year's awful show, seriously, the line-up last year was dreadful.

I'd have liked more input from Brooker, but other than that it provided a lot of laughs and was an enjoyable couple of hours.

Favourite bits:

The mocking of Jimmy's laugh.
Brooker reviewing the show while he was on it.
Brand's reply to Peter Andre "I'm just doing a quiz at the minute".
Pretty much everything David Mitchell said, especially his disgust at the Keyboard Cat.

I'd quite happily keep the same line-up for next year. It would be nice if they could get an actual female comedian on though instead of a TV presenter.

My wife watched this on iPlayer for reasons she wouldn't fully explain. I caught some of this and I don't believe myself to have got the jokes, though Dawn and the studio audience seemed fairly satisfied. All the praise I can offer is that I found Jimmy Carr's laugh to be particularly endearing. Methinks I may even search out one of his stand up DVDs sometime.

Quote: IT David @ January 3 2010, 1:01 AM GMT

Methinks I may even search out one of his stand up DVDs sometime.

Try the remainder bins in Morrisons.

That's where Skinner usually ends up !

Quote: IT David @ January 3 2010, 1:01 AM GMT

My wife watched this on iPlayer for reasons she wouldn't fully explain. I caught some of this and I don't believe myself to have got the jokes, though Dawn and the studio audience seemed fairly satisfied. All the praise I can offer is that I found Jimmy Carr's laugh to be particularly endearing. Methinks I may even search out one of his stand up DVDs sometime.

You'll love his worm-in-an-apple gag.

Finally got round to watching this. Have no idea how they all made it that far into the quiz before they noticed Jimmy's laugh. Loved David Mitchell moaning about the fact that they'd all be too frightened to laugh.

I actually laughed at something Brand said, but I can't remember what it was now. Mostly though he was his usual twatty self. I agree Charlie was quite muted but I loved him saying 'I'm like a frightened horse on a frozen pond'. Laughing out loud

Did anyone do to the taping of this? Would like to know how much is cut...the editor left in too much Brand and Ross for my liking.

Quote: sheep2 @ January 15 2010, 9:59 AM GMT

Did anyone do to the taping of this? Would like to know how much is cut...the editor left in too much Brand and Ross for my liking.

Tends to happen, that, when you own the production company which makes the show and your wife's one of the producers.